We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Check code for hiring a car?

Wallington, United...
Level Contributor
12 posts
7 reviews
Check code for hiring a car?

Hi all - do I need to generate a "check code" from the DVLA in order to hire a car in Santorini? I suspect not but will do it before we leave if I need it. Many thanks in advance.

Suffolk, United...
Destination Expert
for Cephalonia
Level Contributor
12,214 posts
89 reviews
1. Re: Check code for hiring a car?

We didn't need one when renting from a local company.

Maybe different if using the likes of Hertz, Avis etc.

It is no problem getting one and they last for a few weeks.

Newmarket, United...
Destination Expert
for Antiparos
Level Contributor
8,786 posts
2. Re: Check code for hiring a car?

The rental agencies will not be checking driving records of customers from all over the world, so probably won't single out UK customers. Still, as travelbob wrote, there is no problem getting a check code. FWIW, the last time I hired a car in the UK they didn't check with DVLA either.

Wallington, United...
Level Contributor
12 posts
7 reviews
3. Re: Check code for hiring a car?

Many thanks - I'll get one just in case!

4. Re: Check code for hiring a car?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 August 2018, 06:18