We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How to get to Plakias and Triopetra

Skane County, Sweden
Level Contributor
152 posts
60 reviews
How to get to Plakias and Triopetra

Is it possible to travel by bus or ferry from Hora Sfakion? Or do I have to go from Rethymnon?

Rethymnon, Greece
Destination Expert
for Crete
Level Contributor
2,729 posts
7 reviews
1. Re: How to get to Plakias and Triopetra

To Plakias you have to travel by bus from Hora Sfakion to Vrisses, change bus to Rethymnon, and then another bus to Plakias. I don't t think there is a ferry from Hora Sfakion. You can ask also how much would a taxi take you as there is a direct road from Hora Sfakion to Plakias.

To Triopetra there is no bus link. So you'll have to go to Vrisses, change bus to Rethymnon, and take the bus to Spili, then take a taxi to the beach. It's about 15 km away from Spili.

It goes without saying the best choice of all is a hired car, as you will save much trouble and money.

Skane County, Sweden
Level Contributor
152 posts
60 reviews
2. Re: How to get to Plakias and Triopetra

Thankyou! Seems complicated with bus for sure!

Agii Apostoli...
Level Contributor
1,002 posts
251 reviews
3. Re: How to get to Plakias and Triopetra

Yes i agree with gerlion. The best thing to do is to rent a car to see these places. Because there are many beaches that you can go around these areas plus you dont have to change so many buses and spend so much of your time in the bus.

Nanaimo, Canada
Destination Expert
for Chania Town, Naxos
Level Contributor
5,672 posts
129 reviews
4. Re: How to get to Plakias and Triopetra

There is one car rental company in Chora Sfakion. We rented a car for 4 nights from Chora Sfakion and returned it to the ferry port at Heraklion. As I recall with drop off charges it was about175 euros for 4 days. Company is Sfakia tours or something similar.

We have done the bus which turned out to be pretty easy. We took the first bus out in the morning pay for ticket on the bus. Stop in Vrissis and buy your ticket to Rethymnon in the coffee shop. The bus to Rethymnon and another ticket then the bus to Plakias. I think we were at our hotel in Plakias around11 o'clock.

Car rental gives you way more options along that route.

Plakias Crete https:/…72157665045541263

London, United...
Level Contributor
20,960 posts
10 reviews
5. Re: How to get to Plakias and Triopetra

Taxi Sfakia charge €55 from Chora Sfakion to Plakias.

taxi-sfakia.com/en/…

It's a good firm: Sifis and Nikos took it over several years ago when their father died, and have turned it into a thriving, efficient business. Their cars are new Mercedes, very comfortable, and they are nice people and good drivers. So I can recommend them. If you decide to take a taxi, you should contact them in advance: they are always busy with airport journeys.

You could also consider a rental car, as already suggested. And the bus really is, as stanbr says, simple and straightforward: the two changes are easily managed.

So you've got several options, and no problem!:o)

6. Re: How to get to Plakias and Triopetra

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 July 2018, 05:17
Get answers to your questions about Rethymnon