We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bus to Hersonissos?

Inverness-shire
Level Contributor
174 posts
14 reviews
21 helpful votes
Bus to Hersonissos?

My husband and I are flying to Chania next sunday and staying there for 1 week. We're then going to a place near Hersonissos called Koutouloufari. We don't want to rent a car to drive, so wondered if anyone knows if there's a bus going directly so that we don't have to change bus enroute? Any info gratefully received.

Cumbria, United...
Level Contributor
128 posts
15 reviews
15 helpful votes
1. Re: Bus to Hersonissos?

Don't think you can get bus direct to Hersonissos, you will have to get to Heraklion and change there for bus to Hersonissos, then it is a walk up hill to Koutouloufari, or you could just jump in a taxi to go up the hill

Its a lovely village with some lovely tavernas, but like I say is up a steep hill.

Inverness-shire
Level Contributor
174 posts
14 reviews
21 helpful votes
2. Re: Bus to Hersonissos?

That's great, we would get a taxi from Hersonissos, or maybe even from Heraklion. Have you any idea of the prices?

swindon,england
Level Contributor
4,163 posts
263 reviews
184 helpful votes
3. Re: Bus to Hersonissos?

The link below will show you the bus timetable for Chania to Heraklion and from there you can get the bus into Hersonissos and then get a taxi from the taxi rank there upto the villages.

rethymnon.com/TheBus-Bus-Service-Crete/…

rethymnon.com/TheBus-Bus-Service-Crete/…

swindon,england
Level Contributor
4,163 posts
263 reviews
184 helpful votes
4. Re: Bus to Hersonissos?

Here's a further link for taxi prices from Heraklion.

http://herakliontaxi.com/en/index.html

Inverness-shire
Level Contributor
174 posts
14 reviews
21 helpful votes
5. Re: Bus to Hersonissos?

Thank you so much, that's really helpful! Can't wait to go! :)

swindon,england
Level Contributor
4,163 posts
263 reviews
184 helpful votes
6. Re: Bus to Hersonissos?

I should have also mentioned that when you get to Hersonissos you want to get off at the bus stop opposite the large Spar supermarket and you'll find plenty of taxis parked up close to there.

I'm sure if you mention to the bus conductor that it's the Spar stop they will let you know when to get off.

Have a great time!!!

Sale, United Kingdom
Destination Expert
for Crete
Level Contributor
12,617 posts
89 reviews
98 helpful votes
7. Re: Bus to Hersonissos?

Bus stop 20 is the one you need, by the Spar in Hersonissos. The taxi rank is about 50m further on past the bus stop.

Edited: 20 June 2016, 09:33
8. Re: Bus to Hersonissos?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 June 2017, 06:16
Get answers to your questions about Chania Town
Recent Conversations