We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Crete to Paros - ferry/flights

11 posts
Save Topic
Crete to Paros - ferry/flights

Hi

I was planning to fly into Chania from Athens airport since I'll be there. After a few days on Crete go to Paros via ferry since there are no direct flights. However I noticed ferry leaves from Herekolina which is about 2hrs from where i planned to stay in Chania Is there really no other option?

thanks

7 replies to this topic
Birmingham, United...
Level Contributor
13,073 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Crete to Paros - ferry/flights

Never has been other options. There has been in some years an option of a catamaran from Rethymnon to Santorini.

The regular service has always been from Heraklion.

London, United...
Level Contributor
18,499 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Crete to Paros - ferry/flights

The bus trip from Chania to Heraklion takes almost three hours, but it is a pleasant sea-coast journey on a comfortable air-conditioned coach. I wouldn't let that stop you if the ferry to Paros is what you want.

Agii Apostoli...
Level Contributor
996 posts
251 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Crete to Paros - ferry/flights

It has a bus every one hour from Chania central bus station to Heraklion. And the port is 5 minutes from the Central bus station at Heraklion

11 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Crete to Paros - ferry/flights

Thank you!

Crete
Level Contributor
566 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Crete to Paros - ferry/flights

Unfortunately, the fast ferries to Paros leave Heraklion at 8.30/9 am, so you'd probably need to go the day before & book a hotel in Heraklion. When are you going?

London, United...
Level Contributor
18,499 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Crete to Paros - ferry/flights

If you wanted to do it, the earliest bus at 5.15 would get you there in good time for the ferry.

Timetable here:

https:/…

Hersonissos, Greece
Level Contributor
264 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Crete to Paros - ferry/flights

Seajets have a service from Rethymno to Paros but at present it is out of season so the web site does not bring anything up. At least Rethymno is closer than Heraklion.

https://www.seajets.gr/en/

You could also consider doing your trip differently and getting the ferry from Athens to Paros and then on to Crete, or even fly to Mykonos and then pick up the ferry from there.

Was there a particular reason fro flying into Xania?

Reply to: Crete to Paros - ferry/flights
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Chania Town