We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Flight from Crete to Mykonos

Omaha
Level Contributor
28 posts
3 reviews
4 helpful votes
Flight from Crete to Mykonos

Does anyone know if during busy season there are flights between Crete and Mykonos. We are crafting our itinerary for next summer to book hotels and my ideal would be Crete, Mykonos, Santorini. However, I do not want to waste nearly a full day on a boat.

Philadelphia
Level Contributor
6,528 posts
4 reviews
5 helpful votes
1. Re: Flight from Crete to Mykonos

There are VERY FEW inter-island flights. Only on Sky Express. I believe Rhodes to Crete, Crete to Santorini, maybe Rhodes to Santorini. These are SMALL planes, 18 passenger, baggage weight limit 22 lbs or so. Is that what you want?

Why did you choose the sequence that you stated?? If you will look at a map, you will see it is MUCH simpler, and do-able FAST by ferry, if you simply change the sequence. Fly to Crete. Daily fast-ferry Herakilion to Santorini then takes only 2 hours. After Santorini, ferry to Mykonos, In high season there are fast-ferries daily that take 2.5 hours. Then you can either fly back to Athens airport, or take a fast ferry to Rafina seaport, a quick bus ride to the Airport (I am assuming you wish to spend NO times in Athens).

Newcastle upon...
Level Contributor
2,470 posts
12 reviews
35 helpful votes
2. Re: Flight from Crete to Mykonos

The answer to your question is No.

There are no flights from Mykonos to Crete.

Birmingham, United...
Level Contributor
14,225 posts
15 reviews
66 helpful votes
3. Re: Flight from Crete to Mykonos

Crete > Mykonos, possibly Skyexpress, but they are very small planes and you would not gain much in time anyway, I've never used them. The catamarans are about 09:45 from Crete and arrives by 14:30 or so in Mykonos, so that's really not a whole day.

http://www.skyexpress.gr/

Devizes, United...
Level Contributor
40,216 posts
338 reviews
808 helpful votes
4. Re: Flight from Crete to Mykonos

Interesting though to see that SkyExpress offer flights to/from Chattanooga.....

5. Re: Flight from Crete to Mykonos

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 April 2011, 05:16