We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Santorini day trips

London
Level Contributor
200 posts
647 reviews
Save Topic
Santorini day trips

We are staying in Rethymnon 13-20 Oct 2017. I've read that some ferries to Santorini stop early Oct & another stops on the 16th. I hate group tours, but is self- guided an option? I know we can fly directly to Santorini from the UK cheaper than getting a ferry from Crete, but if we wanted to do a day trip, are there companies with smaller groups? Will tours still be running then? thanks.

2 replies to this topic
Hersonissos, Greece
Level Contributor
264 posts
113 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Santorini day trips

Basically you are correct in that ferries that will allow a day trip finish within the next few days.... So you will be hard pushed to find any group or self booked tours.

Seajets from Rethymno end on 14th October (book through ferries.gr)

Hellenic Seaways Highspeed from Iraklio finish on 16th October, but it is not possible to book on line, possibly because it is already full!

Your other option is to make it a two day trip as the slow ferries run all winter the Anek service from Heraklion leaves at 18.05 and arrives at midnight, the return trip returns the following night at 3.40am...

London
Level Contributor
200 posts
647 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Santorini day trips

Thanks for your reply. I don't really want an overnight ferry when we've already paid for accommodation in Crete so will leave it till next time, or fly direct to Santorini. Thanks.

Reply to: Santorini day trips
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted