We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Tomb of the Unknown Soldier

Singapore
Level Contributor
213 posts
45 reviews
Tomb of the Unknown Soldier

Hi All,

Does anyone know what time does the guard changing ceremony take place?

Thanks a million!

Regrds,

Bunnyow

athens
Level Contributor
146 posts
1. Re: Tomb of the Unknown Soldier

hallo bunnyow!

the guards change every hour.the official ceremony is held every sunday 11 in the morning with the appropriate military music.

check this out...

www.athensinfoguide.com/wtssyntagma.htm

gia sas!

Athens, Greece
Level Contributor
8,945 posts
49 reviews
2. Re: Tomb of the Unknown Soldier

best of the best ..the changing ceremony at 11:00 at Sunday....All the presidential guards they make a small ceremony...

Singapore
Level Contributor
213 posts
45 reviews
3. Re: Tomb of the Unknown Soldier

hi dearies,

Thank you all for the information! :)

I won't be able to see the changin ceremony on Sunday coz i will be in Mykonos sob... :(.....

Regards,

Bunnyow

Athens, Greece
Level Contributor
4,208 posts
1 review
4. Re: Tomb of the Unknown Soldier

Ok, but the changing of the guard every hour is quite impressive nonetheless. The Evzones can be followed from the presidential palace behind constitution square, to constitution house where the exchange takes place.

Don't forget there are Evzones at the Presidential palace as well, and it's a pleasant walk, one of the most green-lined, attractive streets in central Athens,

athens
Level Contributor
689 posts
5. Re: Tomb of the Unknown Soldier

in mykonos you will witness another changing ceremony that hour.... people going to bed after clubbing to people going for their morning coffee!!

Singapore
Level Contributor
213 posts
45 reviews
6. Re: Tomb of the Unknown Soldier

hahaha sunconbra...that's funny. I will forward to seeing that :P

Singapore
Level Contributor
213 posts
45 reviews
7. Re: Tomb of the Unknown Soldier

Typo error. Sorrie i mean suncobra...n i will look forward to seeing that :p

8. Re: Tomb of the Unknown Soldier

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 March 2010, 05:19