We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Athens Hotels w/ Rooftop Restaurants / Bars

Cleveland, Ohio
4 posts
Save Topic
Athens Hotels w/ Rooftop Restaurants / Bars

My family has now decided that they'd like to stay at a hotel with a rooftop restaurant (or at least a bar) with views of the Acropolis or Parthenon, etc.

Can anyone recommend moderately-priced hotels (150 Euros or less) in the Plaka / Syntagma area? We'd like to be in a safe area within walking distance to major attractions, restaurants, etc.

Thanks!

Mentioned in this post
Parthenon
Parthenon
13,439 Reviews
Athens, Greece
Plaka
Plaka
12,791 Reviews
Athens, Greece
Athens
Level Contributor
18,811 posts
116 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Athens Hotels w/ Rooftop Restaurants / Bars

Astor, Electra Palace, Central, Herodion, Athens gate are all good choices. Please keep in mind that the bathroom door and walls of Central are made of non-transparent glass.

Mentioned in this post
Electra Palace Athens
Electra Palace Athens
3,474 Reviews
Athens, Greece
Central Athens Hotel
Central Athens Hotel
1,965 Reviews
Athens, Greece
Herodion Hotel
Herodion Hotel
2,721 Reviews
Athens, Greece
Cincinnati, Ohio
Level Contributor
4,035 posts
93 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Athens Hotels w/ Rooftop Restaurants / Bars

Our Cleveland friends (two couples) stayed at the Athens Gate before our June cruise from Athens to Rome. We were even more budget-minded so stayed at the Cypria, with no views. They were very happy with their stay. We just visited them last weekend, and they showed us their amazing pictures from the rooftop restaurant there, where they dined, as well as the lovely views from their rooms.

Last September we stayed at the Attalos, which has a lovely rooftop bar with great views of the Acropolis. I will never forget watching the lights go on at sunset starting from the foot and on up to the Parthenon, absolutely breathtaking. However, I definitely would not recommend this hotel unless bare bones, with lousy breakfast, is acceptable.

Mentioned in this post
The Athens Gate Hotel
The Athens Gate Hotel
4,121 Reviews
Athens, Greece
Athens
Athens
Attica, Greece
Rome
Rome
Lazio, Italy
Athens Cypria Hotel
Athens Cypria Hotel
1,074 Reviews
Athens, Greece
Attalos
Attalos
464 Reviews
Athens, Greece
Parthenon
Parthenon
13,439 Reviews
Athens, Greece
Christchurch, New...
Destination Expert
for South Island
Level Contributor
9,086 posts
220 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Athens Hotels w/ Rooftop Restaurants / Bars

We paid 150 euro on the Athens Gate website for a Supperior room, overlooks the Temple of Apollo (well it's a temple) and you could see the Acroppolis from the roof top restaurant. Rooms on a side street are cheaper. It really set the scene for our Athens visit.

Mentioned in this post
The Athens Gate Hotel
The Athens Gate Hotel
4,121 Reviews
Athens, Greece
Athens
Athens
Attica, Greece
Athens, Greece
Level Contributor
4,208 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Athens Hotels w/ Rooftop Restaurants / Bars

Hi Mike, I think you mean the Temple of Olympian Zeus,

Mentioned in this post
Temple of Olympian Zeus
Temple of Olympian Zeus
3,614 Reviews
Athens, Greece
Christchurch, New...
Destination Expert
for South Island
Level Contributor
9,086 posts
220 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Athens Hotels w/ Rooftop Restaurants / Bars

I am most happy to be corrected about this dianabiz. I'll now remember it! Whatever it was, it "rocked" and it set the seen for a most memorable stay!

London
Level Contributor
395 posts
80 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Athens Hotels w/ Rooftop Restaurants / Bars

We stayed at the Fresh Hotel last summer, and thought it was a wonderful hotel. It has a rooftop swimming pool, bar and restaurant, with views of the Acropolis. The hotel is very centrally situated, and has the best breakfasts I have ever had anywhere in the world.

Some of the reviews on TA have questioned the hotel's location, but we felt very, very safe there, and I was quite happy to walk round on my own late at night, which is something I wouldn't dream of doing at home in London.

Mentioned in this post
Fresh Hotel
Fresh Hotel
2,314 Reviews
Athens, Greece
London
London
England, UK
7. Re: Athens Hotels w/ Rooftop Restaurants / Bars

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 March 2010, 06:19