We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

honeymoon in greece i need help!

Kolkata
4 posts
Save Topic
honeymoon in greece i need help!

hellos frds,

i am planning my honeymoon around 28th of November 09 in Greece. though i have many doubts in my mind. lik is this is the right time? we are planning a 7 day trip in Greece and then to spain (barcelona). is the thsi is the right mix? which all places we should go and visit in greece?? or we should plan some other place. if someone could help us!

thanks a lot

manjari

London, United...
Level Contributor
8,324 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: honeymoon in greece i need help!

It's a good time if you like cold (possibly wet) weather. If you're expecting beach weather, then neither Greece nor mainland Spain are likely to fit the bill.

If you do come to Greece, I'd advise you to stay in Athens and the mainland, or fly to somewhere like Rhodes. Don't even consider smaller islands like Mykonos or Santorini.

Athens, Greece
Level Contributor
4,208 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: honeymoon in greece i need help!

I can't agree more,

re-mainland, the classical tour combined with an Athens stay, but just to clarify, it will be "almost" winter.

Athens, Greece
Level Contributor
69 posts
208 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: honeymoon in greece i need help!

I definitely agree about the wet weather, however, I love Greece in late autumn time since it combines excellent sightseeing in museums (New Acropolis Museum) and nice 2-day excursions near Athens. A perfect place for honeymoon at that time combined with a stay in Athens for 3-4 days, is the beautiful seaside village of Nafplio(n) with small boutique hotels and nice walks.

Piraeus, Greece
Level Contributor
115 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: honeymoon in greece i need help!

Hello Manjari,

I agree with the people who wrote above and find the suggestion of Nafplio excellent for honeymoon. It is a town does not really have any low season in terms of tourism, because of the Athenian visitors who gather there to escape from the big city life.

If you will be satisfied with Athens in November depends on what you expect, I guess. If you want to see Greek beaches full of people and sunlight, you will surely be disappointed (well, you probably know this already!). But if you just want to see archaeological sites, museum, and Greek people, it is totally fine and it is cheaper than in summer.

You, of course, have alternatives to go to places like Paris, Rome, or Lisbon. There are so many places worthy of visit in Europe. It depends on what you want, really.

Have a happy planning and early congratulations for your wedding!

5. Re: honeymoon in greece i need help!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 March 2010, 06:17