We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Traffic on the A7

bolton
Level Contributor
11 posts
26 reviews
Traffic on the A7

Hi

Thinking of booking an apartment on the Cala Azul complex. It looks very close to the A7.

Can anyone advise as to how heavy the traffic is on this road and whether the apartment would likely be disturbed by traffic noise

Thanks in advance

16 replies to this topic
Greater London...
Destination Expert
for Mijas, Sitio de Calahonda
Level Contributor
13,544 posts
129 reviews
1. Re: Traffic on the A7

The traffic is quite heavy but noise shouldn't be too much of an issue if you are in an apartment beachside or up in the hills above.

Southport, United...
Level Contributor
100 posts
7 reviews
2. Re: Traffic on the A7

There is a bit of parkland between Cala Azul and the A7. Also that community has some depth so if you are deeper into it then I doubt you would not hear the road at all. Alternatively try Jardin Botanico. Close to Azul but defo no road noise.

bolton
Level Contributor
11 posts
26 reviews
3. Re: Traffic on the A7

Thanks.

bolton
Level Contributor
11 posts
26 reviews
4. Re: Traffic on the A7

Thank you. The owner has replied that there is no noise. The road I saw on the picture was then probably not the A7. Yes I saw the park on the map. Thank you.

manchester england
Level Contributor
165 posts
8 reviews
5. Re: Traffic on the A7

No, we have stayed there in the past and are going again in a couple of weeks. Never noticed any traffic noise

bolton
Level Contributor
11 posts
26 reviews
6. Re: Traffic on the A7

Great thank you all. Will book the apartment x

La Cala de Mijas...
Level Contributor
219 posts
43 reviews
7. Re: Traffic on the A7

We live in the complex, depending on which block you are in you will hear some traffic noise, but not enough that it will disturb your stay.

Enjoy.

Edited: 12 May 2018, 16:52
bolton
Level Contributor
11 posts
26 reviews
8. Re: Traffic on the A7

Thank you. The apartment is the second block in? Can you tell me if it's a steep hill to the beachfront and how far?

La Cala de Mijas...
Level Contributor
219 posts
43 reviews
9. Re: Traffic on the A7

The beach is a 5/10 minute walk from apartment. You go over a pedestrian footbridge then down the road (there is a play park on the left), and the beach is right in front.

The only fairly steep bit (but even then i wouldn’t call it steep) is actually the pedestrian bridge.

Any more questions, just ask and i should be able to help.

Southport, United...
Level Contributor
100 posts
7 reviews
10. Re: Traffic on the A7

Or you've got the choice of two underpasses. One in town and one at Torrenueva onto El Bombo beach which is lovely and a nice walk into town from there too. You're gonna love it all. La Cala is ace.

Reply to: Traffic on the A7
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about La Cala de Mijas
Recent Conversations
More La Cala de Mijas Topics