We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Train from Porto to Lisbon

Vancouver, BC
10 posts
Train from Porto to Lisbon

Hi There,

Does any one know if it is possible to travel from Porto to Lisbon via train/bus in 1 day? I am staying in porto and need to get to lisbon in 1 day to fly out.

Thanks,

Jay

Lisbon
Level Contributor
145 posts
6 reviews
1. Re: Train from Porto to Lisbon

There are 11 daily trains from Porto to Lisboa, and the trip takes around 3 hours. Check www.cp.pt

Vancouver, BC
10 posts
2. Re: Train from Porto to Lisbon

thank for the help!

beograd
3 posts
3. Re: Train from Porto to Lisbon

how much is ticket from lisbon to porto ?? by bus or by train

MARTE
3 posts
4. Re: Train from Porto to Lisbon

go to the site http://www.cp.pt/ there you find the english version. You can even buy a ticket there. But if you don't want to you can also check the price of each trip. ;)

Austin, Texas
Level Contributor
8 posts
4 reviews
5. Re: Train from Porto to Lisbon

I've been seeing 16 - 30 euro for tickets. Depends on the time of day. I'm actually going from Porto to Lisbon in July during a visit.

Albufeira, Portugal
Destination Expert
for Algarve, Faro, Portugal
Level Contributor
57,417 posts
41 reviews
6. Re: Train from Porto to Lisbon

That's correct - there are two types of train. The ALFA PENDULAR high speed trains are a little more expensive than the standard Inter-City trains and a little quicker.

AP trains are €27.50 in tourist (second) class and €39.50 in first class; Inter City trains €19.50 and €28.50 respectively.

Reservations are required and these are available 30 days before travel.

Alost all the trains go to Lisbon Santa Apolonia station, which is right on the edge of the city centre. A couple go to Lisbon Oriente and Eentrecampos from both of which you need the city metro to reach the centre so add €1.25 for the extra fare!

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for Skopelos
Level Contributor
37,502 posts
39 reviews
7. Re: Train from Porto to Lisbon

I've taken the high speed r/t from Lisbon to Porto..IMO, it's the way to go! Clean, comfy with 'bar/snack car' with stools to sit and watch the world go by...you'll totally enjoy!

Austin, Texas
Level Contributor
8 posts
4 reviews
8. Re: Train from Porto to Lisbon

Hey thanks everyone. We leave tomorrow for Porto and Lisbon on Sunday. I appreciate your help

Norway
Level Contributor
207 posts
3 reviews
9. Re: Train from Porto to Lisbon

Hi,

what is the big difference on 2nd or first class in the trains?

Is there AC on both classes?

Thx!

Austin, Texas
Level Contributor
8 posts
4 reviews
10. Re: Train from Porto to Lisbon

@SalsaNorway

Go for the cheaper ticket. The air temperature in the train car is pretty comfortable and there is air conditioning (I'm pretty sure). There were vents along the length of the car letting cold air in, anyway. I think the biggest difference is seat comfort and perhaps how many seats are in the car.

We rode 2nd Class and it was comfortable, and cheap.