We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where to stay in Porto?

Finland
11 posts
Where to stay in Porto?

Olá, amigos!

We are planning to spend one week in Porto in July. I have been browsing some recidencials / pensãos / hotels, but before making my mind up I would appreciate any advice from people living in Porto or having spent time there lately: What would the best bargain if you want most atrtactions to be in the walking distance (not t o o much uphill though!) for an affordable price?

And a bonus question: Any chance of being able to see some Portugese football in Porto in July??? Where, where???

- Purri

Lisbon, Portugal
Level Contributor
473 posts
6 reviews
1. Re: Where to stay in Porto?

Hi, Check Grande Hotel de Paris. not a 5 stars but a decent hotel.

The best deal should be Eurostar das Artes, but this is not as central. However there's good public transportation. Porto is not plain... you'll have to climb a few streets...

The Best hotel in Porto (IMHO) is Pestana Porto. Quite expensive though.

As for football, in july you certainlly wont have the chance to watch any game.

Sergio

Finland
11 posts
2. Re: Where to stay in Porto?

Thanks, Sergios! We visited Porto two years ago, so those hills won't take us by surprise :)

Finland
11 posts
3. Re: Where to stay in Porto?

Thanks, Bekas! Too bad I once again miss the opportunity so see any futebol portuguêse. Maybe I should visit Portugal some other time than in July next time - it was the same dilemma last summer. But hey, there are always plenty of other attractions in Portugal :)

Thanks for the accomodation tip. We are planning to stay at a hotel, but out or curiosity: In which part of Porto is the apartment?

Sedona, AZ
Level Contributor
49 posts
36 reviews
4. Re: Where to stay in Porto?

We just got back from Portugal and really enjoyed the Grande Hotel. Very reasonable with a hint of shabbyold world charm.

Kelly

5. Re: Where to stay in Porto?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 September 2009, 11:20