We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Getting to Campanha Station

Alberta, Canada
Level Contributor
734 posts
205 reviews
Getting to Campanha Station

I have bought my train ticket from Porto Campanha to Lisboa Santa Apolonia 8:45 IC train. I'm staying at Rua de Fernandes Tomas. I read under the top questions to take the suburban train to Campanha from Sao Bento station. But when I search on maps google, it tells me to walk to Ave Aliados to take M 400 to Lagarterio (Norte) and walk to Campanha 190 m.

Hope someone can clear this up for me. Thanks

3 replies to this topic
Albufeira, Portugal
Destination Expert
for Algarve, Faro, Portugal
Level Contributor
57,796 posts
41 reviews
1. Re: Getting to Campanha Station

Walk to São Bento and take a train to Campanhã. It's free if you bought your ticket on line.. There are five trains each weekday between 8 and 830 all of which will get you there in plenty of time.

Google maps doesn't know about this.

London, United...
Level Contributor
63 posts
21 reviews
2. Re: Getting to Campanha Station

I did exactly the same, and although yes, you can get a train from São Bento (it only takes a few minutes) it's also very close in a taxi. Think it cost €10 between us and took the stress out of trying to match up connection times!

Lisbon, Portugal
Destination Expert
for Azores, Lisbon
Level Contributor
25,433 posts
57 reviews
3. Re: Getting to Campanha Station

All trains departing from S. Bento stop at Campanhã, so there's no real need to match up connections... just go 30 min before and get the 1st...

Reply to: Getting to Campanha Station
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted