We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hurricane Leslie

Level Contributor
51 posts
83 reviews
Hurricane Leslie

Hi.We got a message from air bnb to say that there are severe weather conditions in Portugal.Have been reading about it and it seems that Hurricane Leslie is to make landfall this weekend.We are flying on Monday to Porto and are now unsure whether to cancel or not.Does anyone have any information please.I hope you all all safe.Thank you Kaitlin

18 replies to this topic
1 post
1. Re: Hurricane Leslie

I'm due to fly to Portugal with my family this afternoon from Edinburgh. If Porto Airport is open for landing, I'm going to risk it. Let's hope Leslie changes course!

Lisbon, Portugal
11 posts
2. Re: Hurricane Leslie

I am on Porto and right now it's sunny. The weather says that in Porto it will be rain but nothing of other world. The other days will be quite good the weather. I think you should come without problems just with keeping in mind in Monday that will be rain. But Leslie will strike only Madeira Island not the continent and Madeira is far away from Porto.

Level Contributor
51 posts
83 reviews
3. Re: Hurricane Leslie

Thank you for your replies.Safe trip Judge M.Kaitlin

Porto, Portugal
2 posts
4. Re: Hurricane Leslie

Hi We have just been warned by the coast guard on the beach in Porto to stay well away from the beach as Hurricane Leslie is coming ! I think it arrives tonight around midnight and stays until late Sunday pm. At the moment the weather is fine . No sign of wind, cloudy and cool . It is 615pm October 13th Local time .

Edited: 13 October 2018, 18:21
Level Contributor
51 posts
83 reviews
5. Re: Hurricane Leslie

Thank you Owlfactory.Stay safe.Kaitlin

Albufeira, Portugal
Destination Expert
for Algarve, Faro, Portugal
Level Contributor
57,802 posts
41 reviews
6. Re: Hurricane Leslie

It will be very wet and windy up in the north later but it is now way short of being a hurricane.

1 post
1 review
7. Re: Hurricane Leslie

I am here now and it is fine so far! It’s raining and starting to get a fair bit heavier now but everyone is still out and about. If the airlines were concerned about safety they wouldn’t fly so I would keep up with where they are at. Safe travels!

Lisbon, Portugal
Destination Expert
for Azores, Lisbon
Level Contributor
25,443 posts
57 reviews
8. Re: Hurricane Leslie

The storm is no longer an hurricane, it will be mainly winds and some rain and it will be over tomorrow at noon. It's nothing comparable to the big hurricanes in the states.

Level Contributor
51 posts
83 reviews
9. Re: Hurricane Leslie

Thank you all for the updates everyone.Kaitlin.

Porto, Portugal
2 posts
10. Re: Hurricane Leslie

Yes I agree with the above . It is raining heavily and there is some wind. Just like other rainy windy days . I see no evidence of a hurricane yet ! 2250 local time .

Reply to: Hurricane Leslie
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted