We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

New style andante tickets

Chelmsford, United...
Level Contributor
85 posts
262 reviews
New style andante tickets

I have old andante tickets from previous holidays, went to top up at general Torres machine but would not work. I realise I need the New type card but where can I buy one at 6pm on a Saturday, we are staying between Gerald Torres and jardim do morro. Thank you

2 replies to this topic
Albufeira, Portugal
Destination Expert
for Algarve, Faro, Portugal
Level Contributor
58,115 posts
41 reviews
1. Re: New style andante tickets

I have just come back from a few days in Porto. All metro tickets will come on the new rechargeable cards. If you want an Andante Tour card they come from Loja Andante shops at the big stations eg Trindad but they don't stay open late on Saturdays

Chelmsford, United...
Level Contributor
85 posts
262 reviews
2. Re: New style andante tickets

For other silly people like me, here is the answer. At the metro stations are machines which will issue New cards as well as do top ups. There is a button to press changing the language on the machine. Once we worked that out it was simply. Bought a card and 10 zone 2 tickets paid by credit card, sorted! Not sure why the websites don't tell you that it is as easy as that.

Reply to: New style andante tickets
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Porto