We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Jogging in Lisbon

Which Lisbon hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Tampere
1 post
Save Topic
Jogging in Lisbon

I will visit Lisbon in September and I'm an addicted jogger. I will stay in a hotel close to Parque eduardo VII. Is it safe for a woman to jog there during daytime or early in the morning?

Lisbon, Portugal
Destination Expert
for Lisbon
Level Contributor
365 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Jogging in Lisbon

By day or in early morning hours, I really do't think there is any problem.

The only issue might be that the area around the park is a bit hilly, but it can be done.

Hope this helps!

Zürich
Level Contributor
28 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Jogging in Lisbon

HI Aliisa

did you find a good solution? I will spend time in Lisbon soon and have exactly the same question (where can I go jogging?) My hotel is at the avenida de liberdade...

Thanks!

Lisbon
Level Contributor
201 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Jogging in Lisbon

hello!

aliisa is in a nice place (not the best one although) to jog...parque eduardo VII...city center...it's a safe place!

since lara is in Avenida da Liberdade (+/- 10 mins on foot from Parque Eduardo VII), she can take all the way up the avenue and get in Parque Eduardo VII quickly.

some cool places to jog that i know are (but a bit far from where you are):

PARQUE DAS NAÇÕES (riverside)

ALCANTARA (riverside)

BELEM (riverside)

CIDADE UNIVERSITARIA

MONSANTO

enjoy the stay!

Luxembourg City...
Level Contributor
37 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Jogging in Lisbon

As long as you do it with daylight, it is a perfect place to jog (away from car traffic and with a quite a nice view).

Personally, I wouldn't recommend doing it after the sun sets.

Zürich
Level Contributor
28 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Jogging in Lisbon

Thank you all for your kind replies, this helps greatly! Will check it out!

Zürich
Level Contributor
28 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Jogging in Lisbon

Hi all, and thanks again for your feedback

After 1 week in Lisbon I would like to give the following feedback:

Avenida de Liberdade and the park is ok for a 30 min jog in the morning. Especially nice in the morning when the city is still sleeping, and there is not too much traffic.

The area is not very big! So if you are used to longer jogs, this will be a bit disapointing, and you may wish to check out the othe options mentioned here. (sorry I did not have the possibility and can not give more feedback to this). Parque eduardo is unfortunately rather small. But good uphill training :-)

Cheers and cool runnings!

Zagreb, Croatia
Level Contributor
52 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Jogging in Lisbon

Thank you for the info.

I plan to be in L at the end of November, sunrise is after 07:00, and my only option will be to jog in the early morning (in the dark),

I understand that Av da Liberdado is quite a good choice.

Zürich
Level Contributor
28 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Jogging in Lisbon

Sure, you should check it out! The avenida will certainly be ok, you will have to see if the park is enough "safe" for you. I probably would not go there in the dark.

Cheers, Lara

Kaiserslautern...
Level Contributor
165 posts
314 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Jogging in Lisbon

Lara, thx for the info. We'll be in Lisbon this weekend and will be hitting the pavement.

Lisbon
Level Contributor
201 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Jogging in Lisbon

foresinc,

you'll be lucky with weather this weekend. wonderfull conditions to jog: sunny and warm temp...

have a nice stay!