We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

taxis in Lisbon

Dorset, Vermont
Level Contributor
32 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
taxis in Lisbon

I read on the forum that you need to use seat belts in taxis. What happens when you are traveling with babies? We were going to spend a couple of days in Lisbon without a car. So my question is about getting a taxi from the airport with a 1 1/2 year old.

Lisbon, Portugal
Level Contributor
172 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: taxis in Lisbon

Hi,

You have two options: Book in advance with a company that provide child seats, or just take your baby in your arms, since is not mandatory child seats on taxis.

Dorset, Vermont
Level Contributor
32 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: taxis in Lisbon

Thank you.. I will look into booking in advanced.. any recommendations on companies that will not rip me off. i had one site say transport from airport was 150 euros. ..and that was before I thought about having the baby with us.

Lisbon, Portugal
Level Contributor
172 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: taxis in Lisbon

Send me a PM with time and date of your arrival, and maybe I can help

Lisbon,Portugal
Destination Expert
for Lisbon, Samana Province, Dominican Republic
Level Contributor
6,993 posts
214 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: taxis in Lisbon

Calliemagic,

Just to be on the safe side i would recommend to book in advance. lisbontaxi is one of your best options.

Dorset, Vermont
Level Contributor
32 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: taxis in Lisbon

We are arriving on the 4th of October. On that date it will be only myself my husband and my sister. It is the 5th of October that my daughter' family and my son's family arrive. They are a total of 4 adults and 4 children. Ages 11, 9, 6 and 1 1/2. I looked for lisbontaxie on the web but I could just find a site that was in Portuguese. They could take two taxis.

Lisbon, Portugal
Level Contributor
172 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: taxis in Lisbon

http://www.lisbontaxis.com.pt/index.htm

or

info@lisbontaxis.com.pt

Utrecht, The...
Level Contributor
2,947 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: taxis in Lisbon

We also recommend Lisbontaxi!

8. Re: taxis in Lisbon

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 June 2013, 03:16