We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Reliable taxi company

Budapest
Level Contributor
8 posts
14 reviews
Save Topic
Reliable taxi company

I am looking for a taxi company/taxi driver in Lisbon for the airport transport and day trip to Sintra. I found lots of comapnies on teh net but I don't know how reliable they are....

Thanks.

Utrecht, The...
Level Contributor
3,014 posts
116 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Reliable taxi company

We used http://www.lisbontaxis.com.pt/ for the ride from the airport to the city and were pleased with their service.

Lisbon
Level Contributor
249 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Reliable taxi company

Depends on the drivers and so your never know. I recomend Autocoop. They speak enough english.

Budapest
Level Contributor
8 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Reliable taxi company

Thanks!

I wrote to Lisbontaxis yesterday and they replied promptly and gave a rasonable price. So I booked the airport transfer with them.

Lisbon
Level Contributor
131 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Reliable taxi company

You also have Antlitur with tourism drivers.

lisbon
Level Contributor
280 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Reliable taxi company

Or Teletaxis. (+351) 21 811 11 00 At least I know that their taxis are tracked by GPS in case someone complain about roundabout trips.

Anyway, it's a lot more reliable - read cheaper - if you take the train to Sintra. Also driving to Sintra means one has to take the infamous IC-19 road which easily get congested on working days. There's no need to cramp the Greater Lisbon with even more cars if you have other excelent means of transport.

From the airport you can take the aerobus. The metro will probabily open this year a station there, though maybe only after your stay here.

Budapest
Level Contributor
8 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Reliable taxi company

Well, I am travelling with my elderly mom, so airport transfer is a must. My Mom is agile for her age but with the luggages it is more comfortable to take a taxi. On top of this, our flight leaves very early in the morning (at 6.55 a.m.) and I am not sure that the airport bus operates so early.

But Sintra - yes, I think, it is better idea to take the train.

lisbon
Level Contributor
280 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Reliable taxi company

I came across this site, but cannot garantee anything about reliability because I've never heard about this company.

low-cost-transfers.com/lisbon-airport/…

Budapest
Level Contributor
8 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Reliable taxi company

We choose http://www.lisbontaxis.com.pt/ for airport transfer and a Sintra day trip and we were VERY pleased with their services. The transfer driver was on time, the car was comfortable and the day trip was perfect. Pedro is an excellent guide and he organized everything smoothly.

lisbon
Level Contributor
280 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Reliable taxi company

That's great.

Lisbon,Portugal
Destination Expert
for Lisbon, Samana Province, Dominican Republic
Level Contributor
7,078 posts
214 reviews