We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Monthly Parking in Lisbon

Which Lisbon hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Ljubljana, Slovenia
1 post
1 review
Save Topic
Monthly Parking in Lisbon

I'm going to study in Lisbon for 4 months, and will be going with a car. None of the appartments have a parking space, so I'm looking for any information about parking houses and how much do they cost? Is there any better way to do this?

Albufeira, Portugal
Destination Expert
for Algarve, Faro
Level Contributor
44,887 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Monthly Parking in Lisbon

Depends which part of Lisbon. Some areas, as you say, have no parking. There are some areas where it may simply not be safe to park. People do seem to park anywhere they like on open ground, even within the actual city centre..

There is long term car parking near the airport but that will be very expensive. for 4 months.

I found this website in Portuguese which I understand is that of the entity that controls parking in Lisbon

http://www.emel.pt/pt/

You really do not need a car in Lisbon.

Lisbon, Portugal
Destination Expert
for Azores, Lisbon, Portugal
Level Contributor
16,320 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Monthly Parking in Lisbon

The main question is where in Lisboa are you going to live? If it's in a residential area what the majority of people do it's to park outside in the street and on those areas normally it's free.

Lisbon, Portugal
Destination Expert
for Lisbon
Level Contributor
365 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Monthly Parking in Lisbon

Hi,

You need to tell us what area you'll be staying...

Some parks have monthly payments of about 150€ to 200€ in Central Lisbon...

Lisbon,Portugal
Level Contributor
4,982 posts
171 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Monthly Parking in Lisbon

Area?

5. Re: Monthly Parking in Lisbon

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 October 2012, 12:15