We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sintra and Estoril Coast?

London
Level Contributor
31 posts
Save Topic
Sintra and Estoril Coast?

Hello, I have a limited time in Lisbon and wanted to know if it is possible to cover Sintra and visit a beach on the Estoril Coast within a day? Any advice on how to get there from Lisbon?

lisbon
4 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Sintra and Estoril Coast?

It is easy to do that two in one day! In estoril is a bus that goes to sintra. You could go to estoril by train, take there the bus to sintra... whne you r finished in sintra take the bus back to estoril and lay there the rest of the day on the beach!

have fun

sandra cabrita

Lisbon, Portugal
Destination Expert
for Lisbon
Level Contributor
366 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Sintra and Estoril Coast?

And also you can to the other way around, go by train to Sintra, then by Bus to Cascais and return to Lisbon by train from Cascais, or the other way around.

If I was in your position I'd go first to Sintra, and then relax on Cascais... :-)

London
Level Contributor
31 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Sintra and Estoril Coast?

Thanks for the advice! I will check out Sintra and relax in beach later. Any recommendations on what to do in Sintra?

Lisbon, Portugal
Level Contributor
487 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Sintra and Estoril Coast?

Visit the Palacio da vila (go inside, it is in the centre, and you can walk from the railway station, it's 10/15 min), then eat a "travesseiro" (Special hot cake, you will love it) in a nearby pastry house, buy a small package (6 ?) of "Queijadas de Sintra" for later eating, walk 15/30 min on the maze of climbing streets, then visit the royal fairy tales Palacio da Pena and inside park (up in the ill, you will have to take a taxi, due to time constrains), in the way back have a tea at the Palacio de Seteais, or have lunch, if you can afford it (ask the taxi to leave you there on return from Pena, it's now a most beatifull hotel), then walk back to the centre (15 min).

If you see you still have time, after reaching the Pena Palace, walk down the ill, instead of taking the taxi back, the park is wonderfull and refreshing, with unique trees and plants, but it will take well more then half an hour...

There is much, much more (Castelo dos mouros, also on top of the ill, Quinta da Regaleira, full of esotheric signs, Palacio de Monserrate, mourisch style and tiles inside a wonderfull park, Convento dos Capuchos, with the incredible life conditions of the isolated monks, etc - all deserve a visit), but if you want to end up in Cascais, you should leave then... (after lunch, of course).

Have fun and a good stay

Jose Manuel