We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Car hire (rental)

Montreal, Canada
Level Contributor
171 posts
21 reviews
Car hire (rental)

Hi All,

I booked a rental car from Economy Car Rentals, which was very reasonable (small deposit 12 Euros)...They hired Luso rental car and I was wondering if anyone else has any experience with either Economy car rentals and Luso ? I just want to make sure these guys are legitimate and are reliable? I have the confirmation number and all looks good when I check online.

Thanks for any help or advice, Obrigado.

4 replies to this topic
Montreal, Canada
Level Contributor
171 posts
21 reviews
1. Re: Car hire (rental)

sorry forgot to mention that we are hiring a car to drive from Lisbon airport to Algrave for 6 days then will return the hired car at the Lisbon airport, we will not drive around Lisbon (city) with hired car.

Lisbon, Portugal
Level Contributor
2,826 posts
16 reviews
2. Re: Car hire (rental)

https://www.tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g31973…

Montreal, Canada
Level Contributor
171 posts
21 reviews
3. Re: Car hire (rental)

Thank you for the link but this thread is very old and some of the people complaining don't sound very bright or detailed oriented to ensure their rental T&C's were understood, every car rental company tries to up sell you a more expensive car or unnecessary coverage.

Does anyone have any more recent experience? Thank you

1 post
4. Re: Car hire (rental)

Hi - did you end up having a positive experience with this rental? We are looking at the same - Economy car rental and were wondering if they were a good option.

Thanks

Reply to: Car hire (rental)
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted