We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bus from Lisbon to Arrabida

Riga, Latvia
Level Contributor
19 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
Bus from Lisbon to Arrabida

Olá!

How can I get from Lisbon to Arrabida by bus? We are staying in Expo neighborhood, what would be the closest bus stop for us? Which bus number? How long will it take to get there? Is the bus terminal far from the Arrabida port? And, finally, how much will it cost?

Thank you in advance for any help!

Mentioned in this post
Lisbon
Lisbon
Lisbon District, Portugal
Likely To Sell Out
Sintra and Cascais Small-Group Day...
1,130 Reviews
from US$89.30*
Likely To Sell Out
Fátima, Nazaré, and Óbidos...
726 Reviews
from US$89.30*
Sintra Small Group Tour from Lisbon
193 Reviews
from US$77.40*
10 replies to this topic
Lisbon, Portugal
Level Contributor
2,653 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Bus from Lisbon to Arrabida

Arrabida is the name of an area (with a large nature reserve). It lies between Sesimbra and Setubal. There are no towns there still less a port.

There is a beach called Portinho da Arrabida, perhaps that is what you have in mind. But it is host to small pleasure boats not commercial shipping.

There is no bus connection from Lisbon. This thread gives some information about what little public transport there is

https://www.tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g18915…

You could get to Troia from Lisbon by public transport which is a small resort in the nature reserve on the peninsular the other side of Setubal. There are buses to Setubal and then there are two ferries which take you across to the peninsular. But it is not Arrabida.

sesimbraportugal.net/setubal/Troia-peninsula…

Mentioned in this post
Sesimbra
Sesimbra
Setubal District, Portugal
Setubal
Setubal
Lisbon
Lisbon
Troia
Troia
Lisbon, Portugal
Destination Expert
for Azores, Lisbon
Level Contributor
23,938 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Bus from Lisbon to Arrabida

As said above Arrábida is a mountain near Setúbal. If it's Setúbal your target then take the train at Entrecampos or Sete rios (Fertagus train company), If it's Sesimbra your target then it's the bus at Praça de Espanha. But none will take you to the mountain itself, for that you need a car (or a guided tour).

Mentioned in this post
Sete
Sete
Herault, France
Sesimbra
Sesimbra
Lisbon,Portugal
Destination Expert
for Lisbon, Samana Province, Dominican Republic
Level Contributor
7,251 posts
218 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Bus from Lisbon to Arrabida

To see the Natural Park of Arrábida you'll need a car or a guided tour. Ditto.

Riga, Latvia
Level Contributor
19 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Bus from Lisbon to Arrabida

Thank you, very useful!

Yes, I meant Portinho da Arrábida, as there are guided tours from there, but before applying I was wondering if I can make it from Lisbon if I don't have a car.

I should ask the organizers, I guess.

Thank you!

Mentioned in this post
Lisbon
Lisbon
Lisbon, Portugal
Destination Expert
for Azores, Lisbon
Level Contributor
23,938 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Bus from Lisbon to Arrabida

Guided tours from Portinho da arrábida??? Probably a meeting point for walking tours (a very inconvenient in summer due to the HUGE problems with parking a car there).

Riga, Latvia
Level Contributor
19 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Bus from Lisbon to Arrabida

Perhaps, it's the particular cave we are going to visit, as the tour includes rock climbing etc. Anyway, I am waiting for a reply from organizer, but thanks again for advice!

Lisbon, Portugal
Level Contributor
2,653 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Bus from Lisbon to Arrabida

You could get a train from Oriente station in the outskirts of Lisbon to Setubal (you take the train to Evora and chage at Pinhal Novo). That is a two hour journey plus allowing some time for a metro ride to Oriente station. Then it is about fifteen miles to the beach within Portinho da Arrabida so you could get a quote for a taxi there and back from a Setubal taxi firm. I would expect a quote of around fifteen to twenty euro each way. Portinha da Arrabida is an area within the reserve so you need to check carefully exactly where you are expected to meet up with the tour.

A lot of travel and quite a bit of expense.

If expense were no object, the way to go would be to hire a boat for the day and sail there. You would want to check the weather forcast rather carefully. The Atlantic coast can be rather rough. Fun though.

Mentioned in this post
Lisbon
Lisbon
Evora
Evora
Evora District, Portugal
Setubal
Setubal
Riga, Latvia
Level Contributor
19 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Bus from Lisbon to Arrabida

Thank you, you are extremely helpful!

Lisbon, Portugal
Level Contributor
2,653 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Bus from Lisbon to Arrabida

My previous post said 15 miles but it should say 15 kilometers.

Going to Setubal by bus might be quicker than train. Most of the train routes require an hour and a half or a bit more on the train but this website says a bus (it says there are three routes) takes from forty five minutes to an hour.

sesimbraportugal.net/setubal/Lisbon-to-Setub…

Mentioned in this post
Setubal
Setubal
Level Contributor
1 post
27 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Bus from Lisbon to Arrabida

Hi, whats the name of the tour and how much was it, what did the tour include?

Did you find out how to get to Portinho Da Arrabida? As I heard there are beautiful beaches there and would like to visit from Lisbon.

Thanks!

Mentioned in this post
Lisbon
Lisbon
Reply to: Bus from Lisbon to Arrabida
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted