We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Fado Music in Terceira?

Raleigh, North...
Level Contributor
13 posts
42 reviews
Fado Music in Terceira?

We were in Lisbon a few years ago and really enjoyed the Fado music. We will be in Terceira for a week mid-November and are hoping to be able to hear it again. Is there any place that has this form of music? Perhaps with dinner? Thanks!

9 replies to this topic
Juneau, Alaska
Level Contributor
75 posts
16 reviews
1. Re: Fado Music in Terceira?

I am in Angra do Heroismo now I have been told that there is a great place to listen to Fado in Angra called Taberna do Fado and it is on Rua de Rego. I have not been there.

Lisbon, Portugal
Level Contributor
7 posts
120 reviews
2. Re: Fado Music in Terceira?

Taberna do Fado is located in Rua do Rego 72.

From the details posted in the entrance the Taberna is open on Thursday and Friday evenings from 20h00.

I have not yet visited so cannot comment on quality of fado, food/drinks or prices.

Raleigh, North...
Level Contributor
13 posts
42 reviews
3. Re: Fado Music in Terceira?

We ended up at the hotel at the old fortress (Posada Forte de Sao Sebastiao) on Sunday night for dinner with Fado music for 30 eruos and this included a multi-course dinner with an aperitif, unlimited wine and port. The Fado singer Fabio Ourique was fantastic. Check him out on youtube. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T2aBnTpwEZQ

Edited: 28 November 2017, 16:27
Level Contributor
2 posts
22 reviews
4. Re: Fado Music in Terceira?

We went. Small. Can get very warm. But excellent food and entertainment. No cover. But get reservations. Can be very crowded. May have to sit by bar. Owners are your entertainers. Very enjoyable. Romantic.

Ipswich...
1 post
2 reviews
5. Re: Fado Music in Terceira?

You went small where?

Forest Hills, New...
Level Contributor
12 posts
44 reviews
6. Re: Fado Music in Terceira?

did anyone stay at the fortress hotel in Terceira, The Posaida Sao Sebastiao?

I want to know if it is hard to walk into town, is it long and high up,the hotel?

Boston
Level Contributor
4,128 posts
14 reviews
7. Re: Fado Music in Terceira?

yes it is very high up

Vermont
Level Contributor
12 posts
7 reviews
8. Re: Fado Music in Terceira?

We went to the Taberna do Fado. Our hotel made reservations as it would be very crowded. We were the only non-Portuguese people in the small place, it holds about 50 or so. The music was great--what there was of it.

Although the music was scheduled to start at 9:00pm, it wasnt until 10:30 that the two singers started. They sang 4 lovely songs then took a break. We left at 11:45 with the break still going on. So we heard four songs in 21/2 hours. YMMV.

Edited: 14 August 2018, 20:32
Boston
Level Contributor
4,128 posts
14 reviews
9. Re: Fado Music in Terceira?

how much is that per song??lol

Reply to: Fado Music in Terceira?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Angra do Heroismo