We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Esquilo- Is it worth staying the night at Nostra Terra?

Level Contributor
1,800 posts
23 reviews
Save Topic
Esquilo- Is it worth staying the night at Nostra Terra?

Hi Esquilo and everyone,

Is it worth staying the night in Nostra Terra to experience Furnas and the botanical gardens? We are staying in Ponta Delgada. Could we just go for the day? How about taking the public bus to bet there? Obrigado

Level Contributor
1,800 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Esquilo- Is it worth staying the night at Nostra Terra?

oops I sent this 3 times? Not sure how I did that. Oh well!

Lisbon, Portugal
Level Contributor
366 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Esquilo- Is it worth staying the night at Nostra Terra?

Hi!

The botanical garden can be seen is around two/three hours, but the greatest bit is to enjoy the outdoor swimming pool with hot water...

There are furnas inside the village and others outside where they boil the famous "Portuguese style cook". If you don't have a car to go there you will need a taxi, and pay for the time waiting for taking you back.

Regarding the swimming pool nearby the Hotel, don't forget to bring your swimming suit, preferably an old one because the water can stain it.

So if you don't want to be tied to the public transportation schedulle a stay in the Hotel might be recommended if you can arrange a room, otherwise I advise a rental.

Hope this information helps!

Level Contributor
1,800 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Esquilo- Is it worth staying the night at Nostra Terra?

Thank you so much! I have contemplated taking a tour but the cost is about the same as staying the night at the hotel. The tour does inclde the meal but I think staying at the hotel might be relaxing and our rental in Ponta Delgada doesn't have a pool. This could be fun.

Lisbon, Portugal
Level Contributor
487 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Esquilo- Is it worth staying the night at Nostra Terra?

Sorry, I have been away from home during the weekend.

As you won't have a car, I suggest you go early the day by bus and stay there overnight. To my opinion, the inside park is not to be seen only, it is to be lived. Walk slowly on the alleys, step on the grass, watch the rare flowers and trees, stop on a bench to read a book, go to the huge pool (don´t forget an old suit... and a camera).

When will you go? I will be in S. Miguel in July until the 10th

Level Contributor
1,800 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Esquilo- Is it worth staying the night at Nostra Terra?

Hi Esquilo,

Thank you. I trust and appreciate your advice. We will be in Sao Miguel until July 7 and we arrive on the June 1st.

Do you know the direct website of the hotel? I did a search and couldn't find it. The best rate was about 114Euro a night on Azores.com

lisboa
Level Contributor
212 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Esquilo- Is it worth staying the night at Nostra Terra?

Hello.

I don´t think Esquilo will mind I answer for him...

The site address is:

www.bensaude.pt/

Terra Nostra belongs to the Bensaude Hotels.

Have fun.

Lis

Level Contributor
1,800 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Esquilo- Is it worth staying the night at Nostra Terra?

Muito Obrigado Portuesinha! Thank you very much. I did see that website and will contact them . I am so excited about going Sao Miguel. Just a little over a week to go!

8. Re: Esquilo- Is it worth staying the night at Nostra Terra?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 August 2009, 04:18
Get answers to your questions about Sao Miguel