We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Easter weekend in the azores

Level Contributor
7 posts
46 reviews
Save Topic
Easter weekend in the azores

Hello.

Booked about two wks ago to spend a wk on the island and just realized we will be there Easter weekend. I am very worried that activities and other things will be closed. Is that correct? And what would people recommend to do ?

Thanks

5 replies to this topic
New York City, New...
Level Contributor
24 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Easter weekend in the azores

Hi. Everything should be open. It’s not a super religious place. I would book outdoor activities with a guide. I used azores adventure islands and they were amazing. Pick up and drop off plus lunch included. Canyoning is incredible but they also do more relaxed things like biking or hiking etc. they have a website.

Lisbon, Portugal
Destination Expert
for Azores, Lisbon
Level Contributor
23,938 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Easter weekend in the azores

On Easter sunday expect things to be closed. If there's something that you really want to do try to book in advance to assure that it will run. The Azores are still one of the areas in Portugal were religion is important.

Mentioned in this post
Level Contributor
7 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Easter weekend in the azores

Thank you for your advise. I had read that it is cheaper to book activities while there but may go ahead and book in advance so that we have something to do.

Kokkola, Finland
Level Contributor
1 post
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Easter weekend in the azores

Also going on easter, is there some festivities?

Lisbon, Portugal
Destination Expert
for Azores, Lisbon
Level Contributor
23,938 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Easter weekend in the azores

Only religious processions,Thursday and Friday maybe also on Sunday.

Reply to: Easter weekend in the azores
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted