We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Airport Transfer from Faro to Lagos

London
1 post
Airport Transfer from Faro to Lagos

Hi there, we're staying at the Vilabranca Apartments next week and I was wondering if anyone had any local knowledge on the best (and let's face it, cheapest) way of getting from Faro to the apartments.

Cheers!

United Kingdom
Level Contributor
772 posts
3 reviews
1. Re: Airport Transfer from Faro to Lagos

The best way to get form Faro is by pre-booked taxi.

The cheapest is probably by a coach transfer - try www.low-cost-transfer.com

If you decide on taxi transfers and want contact addresses, just ask.

P,S. The Vilabranca apartments are a fair way from the bus station, so check where the transfer coach will be dropping you off before booking.

Albufeira, Portugal
Destination Expert
for Algarve, Faro, Portugal
Level Contributor
57,302 posts
41 reviews
2. Re: Airport Transfer from Faro to Lagos

If you are really brave the train or public bus from Faro to Lagos will cost you around €4.60 each but the journey is 1 hour 45 minutes also you have to get from the airport to the bus station or train station (5 miles or so) and to your apartments at the other end. As the schedules for bus and train are both irregular and infrequent as advised a pre-booked transfer might be the best bet to avoid lengthy waits.

Scotland
Level Contributor
99 posts
2 reviews
3. Re: Airport Transfer from Faro to Lagos

Apologies for "butting in" on your post novo however if Sagres reads this I would be grateful for details of addresses of taxi companies for airport transfers to Armacao De Pera in July.

Many Thanks

United Kingdom
Level Contributor
772 posts
3 reviews
4. Re: Airport Transfer from Faro to Lagos

SMITHY34,

Try antoniosopa@auto-faro.com OR

geral@sultravel.com

We have used both these firms in the past and have found them both to be professional and reliable.

Hope this helps.

Peterhead, United...
Level Contributor
339 posts
39 reviews
5. Re: Airport Transfer from Faro to Lagos

Novo/Smithy - I would imagine that you are both back from your trip. Can you give any further details on the transfer from the airport as I need all the help that I can get.

Thanks.

Peterhead, United...
Level Contributor
339 posts
39 reviews
6. Re: Airport Transfer from Faro to Lagos

No matter, I've been and I am now back. I hired a car at the airport which cost me 155Euros all in for a week. The apartments were fantastic.

Ireland
1 post
7. Re: Airport Transfer from Faro to Lagos

Low cost transfers company - are they still in existence.? We were in Faro airport on Sunday last and could no longer see their desk.

United Kingdom
Level Contributor
772 posts
3 reviews
8. Re: Airport Transfer from Faro to Lagos

Their website is still functional and providing quotations, but this, in itself, doesn't mean that they are still operating.Perhaps an e-mail to them would confirm the position if you're thinking of using them.

Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
2 posts
3 reviews
9. Re: Airport Transfer from Faro to Lagos

I just booked a flight to Lisbon and will be staying at the Hotel Aqua Meia Praia. Do you think taking a train from Lisbon to Lagos is better or a Plane to Faro and then cab/bus/train to Lagos? I know nothing about how to get around....

Liverpool, England
Level Contributor
34 posts
10. Re: Airport Transfer from Faro to Lagos

just to let people know taht I have called and emailed low cost transfer and they are still operating from faro to lagos. the cost is 14E single (28E return).

Get answers to your questions about Lagos
Recent Conversations