We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Benagil Sea Cave

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
22 posts
23 reviews
Benagil Sea Cave

Hi there,

I keep coming across this amazing picture of the Benagil Sea Cave, and I would love to know how to get there....

We are staying in Lagos, but we also have a rental car to get around. Can we hire a fisherman in Lagos to take us or is it too far? Can we drive somewhere and then walk to the cave or take a boat to it from another town?

Any info would be helpful, thanks

163 replies to this topic
New York City, New...
Level Contributor
239 posts
24 reviews
81. Re: Benagil Sea Cave

Thanks for this thread, will be in Lagos this summer and hope to visit to take pictures with that awesome cave.

82. Re: Benagil Sea Cave

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 May 2016, 02:38

1 post
83. Re: Benagil Sea Cave

Hi,

We are going at the end of this month and we are staying in Algarve.

I was wondering if there is a beach inside the caves and if we are allowed to get off the boat for a bit.

Your feedback is very helpful!

Thank you !

Iulia

Portugal
Level Contributor
4,758 posts
83 reviews
84. Re: Benagil Sea Cave

Yes, there is a beach inside. You can go to the sand if the momentary conditions of the weather/sea and the type of boat do not prevent that possibility...It also depends on the person responsible for the tour and the boat. Currently, in large groups and many of the rides, that situation is not very usual (as far as I know):

https://youtu.be/lEFsQVMlRBI

www.youtube.com/watch?v=arV9wT388Ow&sns=em

Edited: 08 June 2016, 16:51
Portugal
Level Contributor
4,758 posts
83 reviews
85. Re: Benagil Sea Cave

I only went there once in a boat tour. I did not ask to go to the beach and I regret that...

1 post
86. Re: Benagil Sea Cave

May I know how to buy a ticket from Lagos to lagoa ?

As I cannot find the destination "Lagoa " once I chose " Lagos" as start point

Honolulu, Hawaii
Level Contributor
1 post
20 reviews
87. Re: Benagil Sea Cave

Thank you. We took your advice and drove to Benagil. The prices have gone up a bit but you get to see 20 caves. The company has a website: tarugatoursbenagilcaves.pt The size of their boats is perfect. They take you through some incredible caves. You go fairly deep into some. It was awesome. The beach they leave from isn't the best. We ended up eating lunch after the boat ride at the top of the hill and headed to Praia de Marinha. It was awesome. You actually see it from the boat ride.

Gold Coast...
Level Contributor
859 posts
199 reviews
88. Re: Benagil Sea Cave

Hi there, the boat trip sounds wonderful, would love to fit that into our visit. We'll be staying in Lagos, is it easy to get a bus over to Benagil?

Portugal
Level Contributor
4,758 posts
83 reviews
89. Re: Benagil Sea Cave

@Leonek,

You can visit the seacaves of Benagil from boat trips from various marinas in the Algarve. I went to visit Benagil from Albufeira Marina and I suppose you can also take a boat in the marina of Lagos.

London, United...
2 posts
90. Re: Benagil Sea Cave

I would like to propose to my girlfriend in the cave - is it that sort of place?

Is sunrise or sunset better?

Is there many people around?

Did he charge you extra for this?

Reply to: Benagil Sea Cave
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Lagos
Recent Conversations