We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Yellow Fish Transfers

Dublin
Level Contributor
8 posts
17 reviews
Yellow Fish Transfers

Hi there,

We're going to Lagos (Vilabranca Apts) in September and are trying to sort out transport from the airport to Lagos. We have been to Lagos before and the last time we went we booked a bus transfer through Alpharooms.com (provided by EV Tours,I think). The transfer took over 3 hours, stopping at what seemed like every resort on the Algarve - we ended up taking the train for our flight home. I was planning on just taking the train to Lagos again, but have heard some good things about Yellow Fish transfers - does anyone know if this is a bus transfer, or is it by taxi? And how long does it take to get to Lagos? Thanks!

Oban, United Kingdom
Level Contributor
112 posts
32 reviews
1. Re: Yellow Fish Transfers

Hi, we used yellowfish in may to get to albuferia, & they were fab.Were waiting on us on arrival, and took 30 mins by taxi, no stops.Driver was very nice as well.Don't know how long it would take to Lagos, but just e-mail them they are very good with questions!!We will use them in future no question.Have a good holiday

achill
Level Contributor
1,123 posts
22 reviews
2. Re: Yellow Fish Transfers

If you go to there web site i think it tells you price of trip and how long it takes to get to your destination..

Doncaster, United...
Level Contributor
271 posts
362 reviews
3. Re: Yellow Fish Transfers

They quote €120 for a return to Lagos from Faro Airport. You can rent a car for a week for that sort of money and the drive is so easy. And you then have the car for sightseeing when you want to. A no-brainer for me!

Portimao, Portugal
Level Contributor
1,427 posts
59 reviews
4. Re: Yellow Fish Transfers

PL I can see your point. But not sure it is such a no brainer as you think. Car hire can be luck of the draw. If there are a few flights in then you can get the car pretty quickly. But if lots of flights are due in then you could have quite a wait.

Then add to that hidden charges which some may have or maybe excessive insurance policies. Possibility of credit card fraud as experienced by some on here. The being on pins all holiday making sure nobody bumps your car or scratches it when parking too close to you in the supermarket car park etc etc. Sometimes a car hire can be pretty stressful too.

yorkshire
Level Contributor
1,540 posts
18 reviews
5. Re: Yellow Fish Transfers

if you take the advice above ,you wouldnt get on a plane

Portimao, Portugal
Level Contributor
1,427 posts
59 reviews
6. Re: Yellow Fish Transfers

Not at all Paultugal. There wasn't in fact any advice on the post. Just an opinion of which there are many differing ones on this subject.

I myself actually hire a car when travelling to the UK. But certainly not by choice. If all my family lived on one street then I would just jump in a taxi. However they are dotted all over the place. But like I said I am on pins all the time incase something happens to the car.

Wolverhampton
Level Contributor
4,124 posts
7. Re: Yellow Fish Transfers

Providing you are careful with regard to understanding all the terms and conditions, car rental isn't the risk many posters make out. Nine times out of ten gripes are based on not understanding them.

yorkshire
Level Contributor
1,540 posts
18 reviews
8. Re: Yellow Fish Transfers

no offence meant.

i have been hiring cars in portugal for over 20 years .

never had a problem

i have seen the excess rise to the best part of £1000., because portugal is one of the most dangerous places to drive .

this is because of the portugese driving too fast , especially the women .

prior to the motorway openning i believe the n125 was the most dangerous road in europe if not the world.

few tips to avoid extras are as follows.

i found the cheapest way of hiring is one of the compare sites you can find on travel supermarket.

do not agree to pay for any extras when you are at the office preparing to take the car.

examine the car before you drive away and make sure any marks scratches etc are marked on the paper work.

to examine the car , walk around it slowly twice , check all the corners, scuffs etc , the bonnet and windscreen for chips.

finally stand behind the vehicle at a 15-20 degree angle to the car.

it is at this angle that you can spot any indentations.

do this at both sides.

check the petrol tank is full,"right to the line"

i have a couple more , because the portugese dont seem to care about the state of their cars.

when parking in car parks , park in the quietest part , usually away from the exit.

this will stop other drivers parking right next to yr car and openning their door causing a dent in yours,.

this happens frequently with 4 by 4s.

do the same at the beach

keep your driving licence with you whenever you are driving , or you could receive an on the spot fine.

be careful many portugese overtake on bends

rant over

Ireland
Level Contributor
246 posts
6 reviews
9. Re: Yellow Fish Transfers

Thanks Paultugal,

I think these tips are really helpful. Just one question, is it possible to rent a car for €120 per week? I never seem to be so lucky. What site do you use.

Thanks again,

Peter

Doncaster, United...
Level Contributor
271 posts
362 reviews
10. Re: Yellow Fish Transfers

You can easily get one for £120 a week in September - I just booked one!

But you will have to use one f the low cost operators in car park 4 via most of the brokers. Google car hire faro airport and you will find one.

You will also have to settle for the awful full/empty fuel policy. If you are doing lots of miles that is not necessarily an issue, but if not many it is a rip off. I talked to Holiday Autos, told them I wanted a terminal based rental company and a full/full fuel policy and they got me a rental at £144 for the week on that basis. That will work out cheaper for me on low mileage.

Get answers to your questions about Lagos
Recent Conversations