We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Albufeira In October

Which Albufeira hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Manchester
Level Contributor
25 posts
13 reviews
Save Topic
Albufeira In October

Hi,

My fiance and I are going to Albufeira for a week in early October. We are just wondering what the weather is like around that time?

If anybody could give us an idea of what to expect that would be fantastic!

Thanks in advance :)

Albufeira, Portugal
Level Contributor
3,240 posts
227 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Albufeira In October

The average temperature in October is 20ºC and although it does rain in October, there is usually a heavy downpour that lasts about 30 minutes and then the sun shines again for the rest of the day. Most of the rain is usually in late October but even if you did get any in the first half of the month, it never lasts long. You don't get the constant rain or drizzle like you do in the UK:

liverpool
Level Contributor
830 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Albufeira In October

hi stacey, we were in albufeira early oct last year, the weather was brill, lovely warm sunshine, evening temps were warm too didnt need a jacket or cardi, sea was warm enough to swim in, we are back there again mid oct fingers crossed the weather is just as good

achill
Level Contributor
1,123 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Albufeira In October

We were there last year at the same time weather was great,going again in October hope the weather is as good.

Manchester
Level Contributor
25 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Albufeira In October

Thank you for all your replies!

We were originally looking at September but October was so much cheaper we thought we would take a risk!

I don't suppose anybody has stayed at the Forte Do Vale?

This is my first time to Albufeira so I am unsure of what to expect :)

Liverpool UK
Level Contributor
3,560 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Albufeira In October

Hi, been staying at the Forte do Vale since it was built. Have a look at the reviews on here. It is in a great spot . sorta halfway between strip and old town.

Lovely spacious apts, mod cons ( except a kettle!) some english tv channels, health club below ( extra charge) . A great choice in my opinion. As a few have already said it was lovely weather last October, Have you booked yet?

Edited: 20 August 2012, 15:52
Manchester
Level Contributor
25 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Albufeira In October

Yes. We booked through Travel Republic - 200 each for flight and hotel for a week. The downside is that it is for a studio rather than an apartment, have you ever stayed in a studio?

London, United...
Level Contributor
247 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Albufeira In October

hi im looking to come here to in october ,and travel republic have some good offers but i weary about using them as ive heard bad reviews,did you have any problems with them

Manchester
Level Contributor
25 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Albufeira In October

I always use Travel Republic. From skiing holidays to beach holidays they are fantastic. I find they have the best deals around and would recommend them to everyone :)

Liverpool UK
Level Contributor
3,560 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Albufeira In October

Juliemdavis, Always booked FDV with Travel republic no problems.

Stacey, not stayed in a studio but did look in on one, it looked fine. Obviously not as big as the one bedroom apt. maybe some one will come along with the answer. One tip if you like sunsets /late sun ask for an old town/pool view room. otherwise its early sun and over the carpark view. Higher level rooms the better the view. Hope that helps you.

Letterkenny, Ireland
Level Contributor
73 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Albufeira In October

Had better weather our Oct week than May last year! Back again this Oct so fingers crossed...