We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

markets in Albufeira

Which Albufeira hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Crieff, Scotland
Level Contributor
961 posts
45 reviews
Save Topic
markets in Albufeira

On my map it says there is a gypsy market in Albufeira on the 1st and 3rd Tues of every month.

What time is it open from and to?

What type of things do they sell?

Is this the one they sell shoes at?

St Helens, United...
Level Contributor
1,244 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: markets in Albufeira

Hi Babymac,

We usually get there for about 8.30am - the earlier the better because it's less packed and also cooler at that time of day.

They sell all sorts, towels, handbags, belts, jeans, beautiful bed linen, yes - shoes, tops, underwear, electrical goods - all sorts.

There are quite a few stalls that sell the same things though.

Then you have the food, fish (salt fish - mmmmmm,) and fruit and veg stalls too.

It's really worth a wander but, as with anwhere nowadays, watch your purse/bag when you go there.

Have fun!

Albufeira, Portugal
Destination Expert
for Algarve, Faro
Level Contributor
44,887 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: markets in Albufeira

Go there and enjoy but ignore the stands selling counterfeit DVD's and fake designer clothing.

St Helens, United...
Level Contributor
1,244 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: markets in Albufeira

Oh, and ignore the cigarette sellers who will no doubt approach you - especially if you do happen to smoke (they watch out for people with ciggies in their hands)

They'll offer you cigarettes really cheap - but don't be fooled - it's a scam.

Crieff, Scotland
Level Contributor
961 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: markets in Albufeira

Ooh! I can feel a shopping trip coming on!

Thanks for the sound advice.

Ireland
Level Contributor
556 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: markets in Albufeira

where is the market? We are going in October and staying in the Pariaso

Manchester, United...
Destination Expert
for Albufeira
Level Contributor
7,780 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: markets in Albufeira

Debbie its up the road where the Fire Station is (Bombeiros) on the corner, (Main dual Carriageway through Albufeira). Approx 800 metres up the road next to the bus station on your left.

isle of wight
Level Contributor
323 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: markets in Albufeira

I never did find this market while I was there?

We ended up going to Loule market, then had a look around the town which was quite nice.

As markets go there was more shoes than anything else, I bought 5 pair...LOL!!!

I think most markets anywhere you go these days sell pretty much the same, the world over.

Theres always your fake designer gear etc.

Ive just come back from Rhodes, where I even bought a named (fake) perfume in a lovely little shop in Lindos for 3 euro!! Smelt just like the real one....well it did for 10 minutes anyway!! haha!!

And can I add, I only bought it, as I forgot mine when I packed!!

Hopefully you will be luckier than me and find the one in Albufeira, as Loule was a bit of a treck

Fitz

Manchester, United...
Destination Expert
for Albufeira
Level Contributor
7,780 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: markets in Albufeira

There is also a weekly wednesday market at Quarteira, its on the main dual carriageway through quarteira just higher up than the bus station. The Loule market is only small in comparison to Albufeira & Quarteira, but the majority of these markets all sell more or less the same things.

Crieff, Scotland
Level Contributor
961 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: markets in Albufeira

I have the market marked on my freemap so hope it should be easy enough to find.

Five pairs of shoes Fitz- go girl- that's my kind of shopping!

Good to know about the one in Quarteirs on Wed too Jayjan just in case we miss the Tues one ( in my hubby's dreams!)

Albufeira, Portugal
Destination Expert
for Algarve, Faro
Level Contributor
44,887 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: markets in Albufeira

The Albufeira outdoor market is not hard to find but don't drive there unless you absolutely have to.

It is next to the bus terminal in the Estrada de Vale das Pedras, not a million miles from the stadium, whose tall floodlight towers you can see from almost anywhere in town.

Once again the stallholders are no more gypsies* than you or I. But some bargains can be had, no doubt.

* You want to to see the cars they drive and the houses they live in! The same people do the circuit of the markets eg Loule, Quarteira) in the summer.