We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Flight's booked, Need advice on accomadation

Hereford
Level Contributor
315 posts
24 reviews
Flight's booked, Need advice on accomadation

Have booked to visit Portugal from May 23rd for 8 nights. Am now looking at Hotels. We have two small children aged 3 and 1 when we go so am tempted by the all inclusive options to save hassle when there. I suppose i'm looking for a reason not to. I have seen all inclusive options for less than £600 for the four of us so seems very tempting.

How much will i need to budget for if i did decide to go self catering for the 8 nights? Working it out for the all inclusive it is £75 per day for the four of us to eat, drink and have a roof for the night so it is very tempting! Don't want to eat at the apartment at all in the evening but would probably have breakfast in there.

Also looking for a car to hire for the stay and picking up at the airport. Any advice on that as last year in Menorca we were stung by the rental company for the insurance excess waiver which i thought was included. Need a ficus sized car.

Albufeira, Portugal
Destination Expert
for Algarve, Faro, Portugal
Level Contributor
57,826 posts
41 reviews
1. Re: Flight's booked, Need advice on accomadation

Whereabouts in Portugal? Big country, lots of places.

Hereford
Level Contributor
315 posts
24 reviews
2. Re: Flight's booked, Need advice on accomadation

Flying into faro

Albufeira, Portugal
Level Contributor
3,263 posts
310 reviews
3. Re: Flight's booked, Need advice on accomadation

You should repost in the Algarve forum, you will get a lot more responses there. 'Portugal' is too general.

4. Re: Flight's booked, Need advice on accomadation

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 April 2011, 05:16