We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Algarve Christmas weather???

Ovington, United...
Level Contributor
98 posts
13 reviews
Algarve Christmas weather???

Hi

Has anyone been to the Algarve over Christmas? Can you tell me whether it is warm enough to sunbathe?

Many thanks.

Christine

Best Seller
Douro Valley Small-Group Tour with...
1,012 Reviews
from US$105.50*
Best Seller
Sintra and Cascais Small-Group Day...
1,239 Reviews
from US$87.90*
Likely To Sell Out
Lisbon Small-Group Gourmet Portuguese...
486 Reviews
from US$52.70*
Lisbon, Portugal
Level Contributor
799 posts
37 reviews
1. Re: Algarve Christmas weather???

yes but not too much - not really as far as getting inside the water, unless it's a heated pool ;-)

I've been to the Algarve last year around this time of the year and was wearing a winter coat at the beach, same as everyone else, but was feeling a bit strange because it was quite warm, so I guess you could easily sunbath.

Albufeira, Portugal
Destination Expert
for Algarve, Faro, Portugal
Level Contributor
57,457 posts
41 reviews
2. Re: Algarve Christmas weather???

Here in Albufeira there were people on the beach sunbathing on Friday and Saturday (the Portuguese think they are mad by the way) but you wouldn't have been out yesterday, as dark clouds hid the sun and it was cold.

Over Christmas will probably be the same - daytime temperatures around 15C but as soon as the sun goes down at 5pm you will notice it get colder quite quickly.

I can guarantee that it will be a lot warmer than Newton Aycliffe and hopefully a lot drier, but is hasn't rained here for a good while, so don't bank on it!

Ovington, United...
Level Contributor
98 posts
13 reviews
3. Re: Algarve Christmas weather???

Thank you both for your comments. It is as I expected. Basically if I want to sunbathe for a week, I shouldn't expect this to be guaranteed in the Algarve. I will have to make my decision soon.

Thanks again.

Christine

4. Re: Algarve Christmas weather???

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 August 2009, 14:16