We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Portugal Spain and Morocco

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
394 posts
13 reviews
Portugal Spain and Morocco

Hope to get 4 to 10 friends to spend 2 to 3 weeks in Portugal, Spain and Morocco. We live in Toronto Canada. We will take care of the air and land based distance transport, but we need tours and a tour guide in each country as well as an itinerary and hotel suggestions.

We are all 55 to 75 and able bodied travel enthusiasts.

How can we get started for travel in mid April to mid May. Any suggestions that will avoid countless hours of research will be appreciated.

Thanks

Dennis

3 replies to this topic
Dunstable...
Level Contributor
2,382 posts
158 reviews
1. Re: Portugal Spain and Morocco

Frankly, I think the research pays off. Your time frame of three countries in 2 to 3 weeks is rather tight. We spent nearly ten day in Spain on one trip and really only visited Andalusia. We have been to Portugal numerous times and most of our trips have been around 10 days and we still haven't seen everything I wish to see over these many trip. We have not been to Morocco so I have no idea on a time frame.

Good travel books are priceless. Knowing the interests of your group is also important. How long it takes to get from point A to point B is also very important along with convenient public transportation links. Sometimes, the train is faster than flying. Spending time is airports is frankly not my favorite thing and can be time consuming. Hubby and I so dislike spending only one evening at any location. By the time you arrive, find your hotel and check in, you are lucky to maybe half a day visiting that location. Just doesn't work for us.

Just some thoughts.

Madeira, Portugal
Level Contributor
11,030 posts
80 reviews
2. Re: Portugal Spain and Morocco

There are lists of 'things to do' in the tab at the top of the page, click on it and read for loads of help. There are also some useful threads to the right under Top Questions about Portugal. As said, you need to do some research and decide on priorities and draft an itinery, which you can then post and ask for ideas around it.

Peope on the forums are not travel agents but local people who are perhaps knowledgeable enough to pass that on.

Edited: 20 September 2018, 06:49
Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
394 posts
13 reviews
3. Re: Portugal Spain and Morocco

Thanks. The points you have made on flights alone makes sense. As for how much one must see is at the heart of the the debate. Also the pace (we are all young seniors)

I need to do the homework. High speed trains I have tried in France..amazing.

Reply to: Portugal Spain and Morocco
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted