We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

10 nights based in Lisbon

4 posts
10 nights based in Lisbon

Hello we want to explore the algarve but dont know how or where tobstart? We are based in lisbone as we are renting am apartment my in laws will be staying but my husband and kids (aged 6&7) want to spend some time in algarve any tips or ideas? Should we stay in albufeira or lagos or faro? Where should we arrived first? How to get there from lisbon? Thank u for helping

5 replies to this topic
Lisbon, Portugal
Level Contributor
368 posts
18 reviews
1. Re: 10 nights based in Lisbon

At what time of year are you coming?

You can travel to Algarve by train (sometimes a bus is needed to get to the beach towns)

https://www.cp.pt/passageiros/en/buy-tickets

or coach

https://www.rede-expressos.pt/en/

4 posts
2. Re: 10 nights based in Lisbon

Hello thank u for ur reply from 29 july till 8 august and i was wondering where best to base in algarve? What not to miss my kids love canoeing and exploring caves other than that dont know what to do :)

4 posts
3. Re: 10 nights based in Lisbon

Hello thank u for ur reply from 29 july till 8 august and i was wondering where best to base in algarve? What not to miss my kids love canoeing and exploring caves other than that dont know what to do :)

Lisbon, Portugal
Level Contributor
368 posts
18 reviews
4. Re: 10 nights based in Lisbon

Be aware that Algarve will be very busy right now and you better make reservations as soon as possible.

You can do boat and kayak tours to visit some caves from both Lagos or Albufeira. Just check what accomodation options are available on your budget.

I personally prefer the Lagos area but I think with so short notice you'll maybe have more accomodation options in Albufeira.

4 posts
5. Re: 10 nights based in Lisbon

Wow thank u yes i didnt plan very well this trip but thank u great tips

Reply to: 10 nights based in Lisbon
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted