We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cadiz to Algarve

British Columbia...
Level Contributor
407 posts
29 reviews
Cadiz to Algarve

I am in the process of stumbling through an itinerary for our month long October trip to Portugal and southern Spain. We fly in and out of Lisbon so have decided that a circular route will work (except we will go north to Porto then come back south through Coimbra, Evora..over to Seville, Granada, Nerja, Ronda Malaga...then go to the Algarve and train back to Lisbon. I have searched without much luck about how to get to southern Portugal from the south of Spain. This is an ambitious itinerary. Any suggestions and information would be greatly appreciated.

1 reply
Albufeira, Portugal
Destination Expert
for Algarve, Faro, Portugal
Level Contributor
57,777 posts
41 reviews
1. Re: Cadiz to Algarve

The only way from Cadiz to the Algarve is first by train or bus to Seville, thence by bus to the Algarve. There are no trains from Spain into Portugal down here.

For trains Cadiz to Seville see www.renfe.com for buses go to www.movelia.es

I have a summary of bus options between Seville and the Algarve at www.algarvebus.info/001.htm - be aware that the winter timetables will be in effect. I have shown as best I can what is expected this winter but the timetables are sometimes changed at very short notice. You must always carefully check at official sites when buying tickets. Also, 5th October is a a public holiday in Portugal so Sunday times apply on trains and buses.

I hope this helps.

Edited: 17 July 2018, 21:02
Reply to: Cadiz to Algarve
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted