We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

clearing customs in Lisbon

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
70 posts
16 reviews
clearing customs in Lisbon

I usually book connection flights with plenty of time to clear customs, but time is very limited on this trip.

I arrive at the Lisbon airport at 1045 am on an international flight and I'm wanting to book a flight to Porto. If I understand correctly the Lisbon airport has two terminals, one for domestic travel and one for international travel.

I am wondering if I should expect more than 1 hour in clearing Lisbon's customs & getting luggage.

I am hoping to get a TAP Air flight to Porto and they have both a 1pm and 2pm flight. My conservative self is leaning to booking the 2 pm flight, but wonder if it might be possible to book the 1 pm.

Thoughts on the Lisbon airline's customs and luggage process and getting to the domestic terminal and checking in with TAP Air would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Pilar

Best Seller
Douro Valley Small-Group Tour with...
1,012 Reviews
from US$105.50*
Best Seller
Sintra and Cascais Small-Group Day...
1,239 Reviews
from US$87.90*
Likely To Sell Out
Lisbon Small-Group Gourmet Portuguese...
486 Reviews
from US$52.70*
4 replies to this topic
Lisbon, Portugal
Destination Expert
for Azores, Lisbon
Level Contributor
25,205 posts
57 reviews
1. Re: clearing customs in Lisbon

If I understand correctly the Lisbon airport has two terminals, one for domestic travel and one for international travel. No, the domestic flights (if you want to call it that way) depart from Terminal 1 where you'll arrive. Terminal 2 is only for low cost flights.

Albufeira, Portugal
Destination Expert
for Algarve, Faro, Portugal
Level Contributor
57,444 posts
41 reviews
2. Re: clearing customs in Lisbon

General thinking is that for people coming in from the USA 1 hour is far too short a time between flights. Even the slightest delay or extended line and you miss your connection. Err on the side of caution and allow 2 hours.

All arrivals in Lisbon are at Terminal 1. Low cost flights leave from Terminal 2, everything else from Terminal 1. But consider it takes me around 10 minutes and I walk fast, to get from one end of the Terminal 1 building to the other.

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
70 posts
16 reviews
3. Re: clearing customs in Lisbon

I will give myself 2 hours. Is TAP Air considered a budget airline? Do they depart from terminal 1 or 2?

Madeira, Portugal
Level Contributor
11,039 posts
80 reviews
4. Re: clearing customs in Lisbon

TAP is the national airline. Full service, Lisbon is it's hub,of will depart from T1

Reply to: clearing customs in Lisbon
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted