We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Paris to Bruges Day Trip

Level Contributor
2 posts
13 reviews
Save Topic
Paris to Bruges Day Trip

My husband and I are planning to visit Bruges for a day from Paris. We are willing to wake up early to take the first train to Bruges and take the last train back to Paris. Is it a feasible plan?

Mentioned in this post
Bruges
Bruges
West Flanders Province, Belgium
Paris
Paris
Ile-de-France, France
2 replies to this topic
Brugge
Level Contributor
45 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Paris to Bruges Day Trip

Everything is feasable. I went on a daytrip to Paris two weeks ago (by car) and had a great day.

I took a quick glance at the trains and it should be possible to arrive around 9-10am in Bruges and leave at 19-20pm, which gives you at least 8 hours of visiting time. The historic centre of Bruges is roughly the same area as Le Marais, so 8 hours would certainly give you time to wander through the streets and enjoy the city.

If you can spare the time, I would certainly recommend you to stay at least one night, because for me, the best moments are both evenings and mornings for then there's no crowds and the atmosphere in the city becomes even nicer. And it gives you the possibility to try one of the many great restaurants. But if time is an issue, a daytrip shouldn't dissapoint.

Mentioned in this post
Paris
Paris
Ile-de-France, France
Bruges
Bruges
West Flanders Province, Belgium
Level Contributor
2 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Paris to Bruges Day Trip

Thank you so much for your helpful insights! :)

Reply to: Paris to Bruges Day Trip
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted