We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

youth hostel

Cleveland
Level Contributor
129 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
youth hostel

My daughter is spending the day and night in Bruges on her own and was considering Hostel Europa. It looks to be a bit outside city centre. Anyone know how far and how easy to get to. She will be arriving from Brussels by train in the a.m. It looks like a really nice, secure place. The Charlie Rockets Hostel looks a little partyish and the reviews weren't great.

Thank you!

4 replies to this topic
Brussels, Belgium
Level Contributor
37,137 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: youth hostel

Google says it is precisely 1.9 km and 23 mins walk (would be 30 for me) to Markt (= city centre) via Katelijnestraat, and the youth hostel's own website (www.jeugdherbergen.be/en/bruges/contact) tells you it is near a bus stop (Assebroek Wantestraat) served by buses 2, 20 and 21. Bus #2 for example, connects this stop with both the station and Markt (https://www.delijn.be/nl/lijnen/lijn/5/2/5/2…).

You could also look at comments in https://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g18…

Brugge
Level Contributor
45 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: youth hostel

It's indeed a bit out of the way, It's a 10 min walk outside of the city along a main access road.

I would recommend the brand new Snuffel Hostel, in a brand new building and very nice calm atmosphere (bar closes at midnight for instance ;) ) and also Lybeer Hostel, a smaller but very nice and friendly hostel too.

Both situated in the historic center, with Lybeer being closest to the train station.

If any other questions, just ask! ;)

Cleveland
Level Contributor
129 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: youth hostel

Thank you! I'm so glad she's going. She's splitting away from her friend group because they were going to Cologne and she really wasn't so into that. She did, however, book a spot before I got your recommendations, but I'm sure she'll be fine.

Brugge
Level Contributor
45 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: youth hostel

There's no bad places in Bruges. Only good and better. ;) No Worries! :D

Reply to: youth hostel
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Bruges
Recent Conversations