We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Train prices from Brussels to Bruges VIA gent

ireland
Level Contributor
71 posts
90 reviews
Save Topic
Train prices from Brussels to Bruges VIA gent

Hi

Been searching for train fares for the above journey and it looks like they want E33.30 for a single, obviously making a return E66.00 euros. Can this be correct.?

What about all the reasonable train fares I read on the site about.?

I was looking on the b-rail.be site.

Would appreciate any advice or info. Thanks

Brussels
Level Contributor
5,672 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Train prices from Brussels to Bruges VIA gent

< Can this be correct.? >

No - it can't be and isn't.

Brussels to Bruges via Ghent is €14.10 single on a weekday.

sefora.b-rail.be/sefora/Sefora/berekenen.do…

Mentioned in this post
Brussels
Brussels
Belgium
Bruges
Bruges
West Flanders Province, Belgium
Ghent
Ghent
East Flanders Province, Belgium
Tynemouth
Level Contributor
4,930 posts
174 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Train prices from Brussels to Bruges VIA gent

Is it true that train travel is half price on Saturdays and Sundays?

Brussels
Level Contributor
5,672 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Train prices from Brussels to Bruges VIA gent

< Is it true that train travel is half price on Saturdays and Sundays? >

Not exactly. There are Weekend tickets valid for a return journey any time between 19.00 on Friday evening and the last train on Sunday of the *same* weekend.

A Weekend ticket costs just slightly more than an ordinary single ticket but is only for a return journey - there are no half-price "weekend singles".

b-rail.be/nat/…index.php

ireland
Level Contributor
71 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Train prices from Brussels to Bruges VIA gent

Hi, just been reading your reply to my post.

The site was SNBC and I have just looked at it now.

The price being quoted for a single journey from Brussels to Bruges VIA Gent is e33.30 euros for 2 people it is e66.60.

Return VIA ticket can not be purchased.

If you can tell me where I can purchase at the price you are saying I would be very grateful for your advice. Thanks

Mentioned in this post
Brussels
Brussels
Belgium
Bruges
Bruges
Ghent
Ghent
Brussels
Level Contributor
5,672 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Train prices from Brussels to Bruges VIA gent

< The price being quoted for a single journey from Brussels to Bruges VIA Gent is e33.30 euros for 2 people it is e66.60 >

I don't understand what you are looking at.

Brussels to Bruges VIA Ghent (allowing you to stop off in Ghent) is €14.10 single per person.

Bruges to Brussels direct is €13.10 single per person.

If you want to travel from Brussels to Bruges with a stopover in Ghent, and then return direct from Bruges to Brussels without stopping in Ghent, you would therefore pay €27.20 for the return journey for each person (on a weekday; if the whole trip took place on the *same* weekend, it would be cheaper).

< If you can tell me where I can purchase at the price you are saying I would be very grateful for your advice >

Belgian Railways website (SNCB) http://www.b-rail.be/nat/E/ - "Buy your tickets online".

There is only one price - tickets cost the same whether you buy them in advance or not, and whether you buy them at the station or online. Tickets you buy online are valid only for the date you choose when you buy them, but can be used on any train on that date.

A "return" ticket on weekdays is simply made up of the 2 appropriate singles. The only real "return" ticket is the so-called Weekend Ticket.

If you are making the journey over the same weekend, you could buy 2 Weekend Tickets for each person: Brussels-Ghent and Ghent-Bruges. With those, you could stop off in Ghent on the outward journey, but could travel straight through from Bruges to Brussels on the return journey. I think this would be cheaper than full-price tickets.

Edited: 29 November 2011, 14:57
Mentioned in this post
Brussels
Brussels
Belgium
Bruges
Bruges
Ghent
Ghent
6. Re: Train prices from Brussels to Bruges VIA gent

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 November 2012, 10:18