We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

room or apartment for rent in Brussels?

Calgary
Level Contributor
32 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
room or apartment for rent in Brussels?

My daughter is volunteering for 5 months in Brussels, beginning around October 10. Does anyone know of a room/studio/apartment available, or a house-sitting possibility during that time?

Brussels
Level Contributor
5,505 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: room or apartment for rent in Brussels?

< Does anyone know of a room/studio/apartment available >

Not directly - but she may find this website useful http://www.appartager.be/?l=1

Calgary
Level Contributor
32 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: room or apartment for rent in Brussels?

Thanks Colin, I passed that along to her.

Apparently some dishonest types have been posting fake ads on that website just to scam people.......so if anyone tries checking this site, ask for the renter's phone number, I think if they refuse to give it out that might be a clue it is a scammer. Not sure what other signs or clues show it is fake. But some of the ads are good ones :o)

Amersfoort, The...
Destination Expert
for Amsterdam
Level Contributor
7,715 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: room or apartment for rent in Brussels?

I have recently been flat hunting in Brussels. Beware, there are a lot of scammers out there. Craigslist i found to be particularly bad for them.

The golden rule as far as I am concerned is that if you cannot see the inside of a place before you part with any money - whatever the excuse - steer clear of it.

Brussels
Level Contributor
5,505 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: room or apartment for rent in Brussels?

< I have recently been flat hunting in Brussels. ... The golden rule as far as I am concerned is that if you cannot see the inside of a place before you part with any money - whatever the excuse - steer clear of it. >

Obviously I agree with this 100%. Have you consulted Vlan.be - the website of the best-known Brussels free newspaper ?

http://www.vlan.be/

Brussels
Level Contributor
5,505 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: room or apartment for rent in Brussels?

< Apparently some dishonest types have been posting fake ads on that website just to scam people >

I'm sorry if you have found that. A friend and I used that site last year to search for a room / flat / flatshare for him while he is following a course of study in Brussels.

We followed up a couple of advertisements from the site which were perfectly genuine, although neither place actually suited him.

6. Re: room or apartment for rent in Brussels?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 October 2012, 08:18