We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Area around BEST WESTERN Hotel Royal Centre

usa
Level Contributor
2,044 posts
8 reviews
Area around BEST WESTERN Hotel Royal Centre

Is this a busy area or sort of deserted outside of business hours?

May have to walk back to hotel in the night, so wondering if I would feel comfortable.

Brussels
Level Contributor
5,672 posts
9 reviews
1. Re: Area around BEST WESTERN Hotel Royal Centre

< Is this a busy area or sort of deserted outside of business hours? >

Probably fairly quiet after dark but not deserted. Not a hub of nightlife but not "dead".

< May have to walk back to hotel in the night, so wondering if I would feel comfortable. >

I would have no qualms about walking round there at night myself.

Brussels, Belgium
Level Contributor
37,276 posts
3 reviews
2. Re: Area around BEST WESTERN Hotel Royal Centre

Why don't you give the address? You presumably looked up details of the hotel if you are thinking of booking it! It is hard to keep up with the continual changing of names - I had never heard of this one but it seems it was formerly the President Centre Hotel. Anyway, 160 rue Royale is near Botanique metro station and the "Administrative Tower" that houses the Belgian Ministry of Finance. It's essentially an office area but as rue Royale is a busy thoroughfare, not necessarily deserted outside office hours.

If you want more people in the streets, however, then stay near Gare centrale and in particular between there and the Grand' Place, or else near the Bourse or Place de Brouckère.

Edited: 28 June 2011, 23:24
usa
Level Contributor
2,044 posts
8 reviews
3. Re: Area around BEST WESTERN Hotel Royal Centre

Thanks Colin56, qaminari! Yes, 160 rue Royale is the address.

As long as it is not a totally deserted area after office hours I am fine

Brussels
Level Contributor
5,672 posts
9 reviews
4. Re: Area around BEST WESTERN Hotel Royal Centre

< Thanks Colin56, qaminari! Yes, 160 rue Royale is the address. As long as it is not a totally deserted area after office hours I am fine. >

Here is a photo of the street - including the hotel - after dark www.flickr.com/photos/frf_kmeron/4091685935/

... and in daylight www.flickr.com/photos/margotwolfs/2968343072/

usa
Level Contributor
2,044 posts
8 reviews
5. Re: Area around BEST WESTERN Hotel Royal Centre

Colin56 - Great! That is excellent!!

Thanks for the links! - very appropriate photos!

6. Re: Area around BEST WESTERN Hotel Royal Centre

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 October 2012, 00:16