We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Traveling from GeorgeV hotel to train station

Alvor, Portugal
Level Contributor
63 posts
14 reviews
Save Topic
Traveling from GeorgeV hotel to train station

I'm considering booking the GeorgeV hotel for one night in Brussels before taking the Eurostar to London the next day. Is this hotel in a good location to get to the Midi train station? Also, has anyone stayed in this hotel to recommend it?

Thanks in advance.

Mentioned in this post
Brussels
Brussels
Belgium
London
London
England, UK
Brussels, Belgium
Level Contributor
37,077 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Traveling from GeorgeV hotel to train station

Not really, you would have to walk several blocks to get to the tram at Arts et Métiers and it's not an especially nice part of town. Nor is the area around Gare du Midi itself: if you must stay in that area because of an early or late train, the only hotel I would recommend is the Ibis Gare du Midi, purely because it is just across the road from the station, in Avenue Fonsny, so minimising exposure to the surroundings.

As your Eurostar ticket permits you to start your journey to London by travelling to Gare du Midi from either of Brussels' other main stations - trains run between the 3 of them every 5-10 minutes - I would advise you instead to stay near Gare centrale: there are loads of hotels in that area (Méridien, an Ibis, a Novotel, Centrale, NH Arenberg..).

Alternatively, but then you would have to pay for the metro to Gare du Midi, somewhere close to Bourse (Marriott..) or De Brouckère (if you are looking for somewhere cheap, try www.2GO4.be).

There are reviews under "Brussels hotels" in the list on the left of this page.

Mentioned in this post
London
London
England, UK
Arenberg
Arenberg
249 Reviews
Heverlee, Belgium
Brussels
Brussels
Belgium
Alvor, Portugal
Level Contributor
63 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Traveling from GeorgeV hotel to train station

Thank you for your advice. I didn't know I could start the train journey at any of the stations. Is the Centrale you speak of the hotel on Rue des Colonies?

Thanks.

Mentioned in this post
Hotel des Colonies
Hotel des Colonies
472 Reviews
Saint-Josse-ten-Noode, Belgium
Brussels, Belgium
Level Contributor
37,077 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Traveling from GeorgeV hotel to train station

Yes, that's the one: close to the cathedral and Gare centrale.

Alvor, Portugal
Level Contributor
63 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Traveling from GeorgeV hotel to train station

Thank you very much. I also had booked the Aris Grand Place Hotel for the 3 days in August. That is in the same area, as far as I can tell. So I feel much better now.

Mentioned in this post
Aris Hotel Grand Place
Aris Hotel Grand Place
800 Reviews
Brussels, Belgium
5. Re: Traveling from GeorgeV hotel to train station

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 October 2012, 21:17