We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Antwerp Centraal Luggage Lockers, how do they work?

1 post
2 reviews
Antwerp Centraal Luggage Lockers, how do they work?

Hello! me and my friends are going to tomorrowland 2018! and we have to go through antwerpen centraal to get to Boom, the festival is a total of 5 days, and we want to leave our luggage in the lockers available, (since we are traveling all over europe after the festival)

I have a few questions:

1. Do you know if there is a maximum amount of time that we can leave our stuff there?

2. I know we have to pay in coins, do we have to pay before or after? and if its for 5 days? do we pay all with coins before to avoid it from being opened?

3. is there a coin machine where we can convert our euros?

3. also, does anyone know if during the tomorrowland season, end of July, the lockers are not too full? meaning, do you think we will find a locker to put our luggage there? we will be storing 2 large suitcases.

if you know of any of this information PLEASE HELP! I have even called the station and cant seem to get an answer on this.

4 replies to this topic
Brussels, Belgium
Level Contributor
37,175 posts
3 reviews
1. Re: Antwerp Centraal Luggage Lockers, how do they work?

1. 168 hrs, which is 7 days. After that time, items are removed from the locker and put into storage elsewhere, which could involve a delay in getting them back (and extra cost, as I believe they may then be charged per bag). After 50 days, if still not collected, they are considered as abandoned and given to charity.

2. You pay for 1 day (so €4.50, €5 or €5.50 depending on the size of the locker) when you deposit the items, which produces a receipt from the machine next to the lockers, with a barcode on it. If you come back during the period paid for, you wave the barcode in front of the machine (where it says "afhalen" i.e. luggage collection)) and it reads the date, amount paid and locker number and if all is in order, opens the locker concerned automatically. But if you return the following day or several days later, waving the receipt for 1 day in front of the screen generates a request to pay the amount for the remaining days, which generates a new receipt, and THAT would then open the locker.

3. Not near the lockers, but I believe there is a change machine for the toilets.

3. (bis) I don't know how anyone could possibly know. However, there are 2 sets of lockers at Centraal Station: the most convenient and most used are the ones behind the tourist information office, at the Astridplein end of the station, so if you can't find one there, there may be more free (and working) lockers at the other set, at the opposite end of the station, near the Kievitstraat entrance - still on level 0 (file:///C:/Users/User/Downloads/Map_Antwerpen_Centraal_EN.pdf).

If the worst came to the worst, they also have lockers at BERCHEM station which is 4 mins away by train (€2.30 for a ticket - which might also have the advantage of giving you change for lockers, if you buy this from the ticket office!).

4. See also https:/…antwerp-train-station - and I have also read, but can't confirm, that there are lockers (smaller than at train stations) at Groenplaats metro station, intended for shoppers - maybe cruise passengers so they don't have to go back to their ship - to drop off stuff they don't want to carry around.

Edited: 05 July 2018, 18:22
Brussels, Belgium
Level Contributor
37,175 posts
3 reviews
2. Re: Antwerp Centraal Luggage Lockers, how do they work?

Looks like the Groenplaats lockers would be too small: https://www.hln.be/regio/antwerpen/nieuwe-lockers-in-premetrostation~a0b8805f/

There is also THIS photo https:/…kluizen-voor-koopjes-in-premetro - but those look suspiciously like (train) station lockers, I think at Antwerpen-Centraal (there being a reference to the "Travel Centre" which is what they call the ticket office there).

Europe
Level Contributor
6,538 posts
3. Re: Antwerp Centraal Luggage Lockers, how do they work?

That last picture is indeed at Antwerpen Centraal, so not the lockers in the metro.

Sao Paulo, SP
Level Contributor
1 post
14 reviews
4. Re: Antwerp Centraal Luggage Lockers, how do they work?

I've read in some other (a bit older) treads that Antwerpen Centraal lockers are usually all taken very quickly. Do you guys know if that is still true? I'm traveling from Brussels to Amsterdam in January and I was hoping I could stop in Antwerpen for the day to visit.

Reply to: Antwerp Centraal Luggage Lockers, how do they work?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted