We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Daytrip from Rotterdam? (not Amsterdam!)

London
Level Contributor
278 posts
27 reviews
Save Topic
Daytrip from Rotterdam? (not Amsterdam!)

Hi,

I would like to make a day trip out of Rotterdam on the last Sunday in June - not Amsterdam as I have been there.

Any suggestions? I am happy to go on boats, buses, trains or bike, and see waterways and windmills, parks and gardens,

Mentioned in this post
Rotterdam
Rotterdam
South Holland Province, The Netherlands
Amsterdam
Amsterdam
North Holland Province, The Netherlands
Amsterdam, The...
Level Contributor
16,943 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Daytrip from Rotterdam? (not Amsterdam!)

Go to Kinderdijk to see lots of windmills.

Or visit Delft. Or Dordrecht (to be reached by train or by boat from Rotterdam). Or The Hague, or Breda.

Or visit the coastal defences Delta Works vvvzeeland.nl/en/about-zeeland/delta-works

Not really a daytrip away from Rotterdam, but you can take a Spido boat tour through Rotterdam's harbor, one of the biggest in the world.

Mentioned in this post
Delft
Delft
Dordrecht
Dordrecht
Rotterdam
Rotterdam
The Hague
The Hague
Breda
Breda
North Brabant Province, The Netherlands
Amsterdam, The...
Destination Expert
for Amsterdam
Level Contributor
43,466 posts
78 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Daytrip from Rotterdam? (not Amsterdam!)

I second Breda or even venture into Belgium. Antwerp is easily reachable, even Gent or Brugge. Go one way via Vlissingen and take the Connexxio ferry across to Breskens and bus 22 to Brugge. Return via Antwerp by train

Mentioned in this post
Breda
Breda
North Brabant Province, The Netherlands
Belgium
Belgium
Europe
Antwerp
Antwerp
Antwerp Province, Belgium
Ghent
Ghent
East Flanders Province, Belgium
Amsterdam, The...
Level Contributor
16,943 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Daytrip from Rotterdam? (not Amsterdam!)

Good idea Ronaldo, about the via Vlissingen & Breskens option to Bruges. I did that the other way around by bike (bike on the ferry).

And Bruges and Ghent are lovely. A bit much to do both in one day but in theory I think it can be done.

Mentioned in this post
Bruges
Bruges
West Flanders Province, Belgium
Ghent
Ghent
East Flanders Province, Belgium
4. Re: Daytrip from Rotterdam? (not Amsterdam!)

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 June 2014, 06:17
;