We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Location Location Location

Dublin
Level Contributor
490 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Location Location Location

Hello All,

Location location location ?

I take my dear old dad away for a weekend every now and again. We eat, have a few beers and go to a football match. We have somehow ended up as fans of Sparta Rotterdam and have travelled over to see them a couple of times. We normally fly in and out of Eindhoven so we base ourselves there and just travel up for the game. We have never stayed overnight in Rotterdam but plan to next time. Now my dear old dad is not to good on his feet so location is everything. Any tips on a location in the city that has hotels, restaurants, bars and tram stops beside each other ? I was looking at the holiday inn express which is near the train station and gets good write ups. Any tips or advice would be most welcome.

Regards,

Supervanman

Mentioned in this post
Rotterdam
Rotterdam
South Holland Province, The Netherlands
Eindhoven
Eindhoven
North Brabant Province, The Netherlands
Japanese Cuisine Yama
€€€€, Japanese, Seafood, Asian
Restaurant Fitzgerald
€€€€, European, French, Dutch
Guliano
€€ - €€€, Italian, European, Soups
Colombo, Sri Lanka
Destination Expert
for Sri Lanka
Level Contributor
60,009 posts
214 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Location Location Location

Hi there,

Leuvehaven metro station has some good options nearby too. E.g. Tulip Inn and Inntel, and enough restaurants. Spido boat also at doorstep.

All the best,

<Erik> & [Sandya]

Amsterdam, The...
Level Contributor
16,943 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Location Location Location

Lots of restaurants and a few hotels in Witte de Withstraat. Tram stops nearby. Check if hotels have elevators though.

You could also decide to stay at the lovely Hotel New York which has a restaurant in it with great atmosphere and decoration, and a few other restaurants nearby, as well as the Fotomuseum and a cinema (Lantaren/Venster). http://www.hotelnewyork.nl/en/ It is a bit of a walk (5 minutes or so) to the first tram/metro stop Wilhelminaplein but there might be taxis to cover that bit.

Central Station might be convenient for public transport but I don't know of many restaurants VERY nearby except Engels.

Have fun!

Edited: 16 June 2013, 22:38
Mentioned in this post
Witte de Withstraat
Witte de Withstraat
664 Reviews
Rotterdam, The Netherlands
Hotel New York
Hotel New York
1,421 Reviews
Rotterdam, The Netherlands
Central Station
Central Station
6,879 Reviews
Antwerp, Belgium
Dublin
Level Contributor
490 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Location Location Location

Many thanks for the replies.

Regards,

Supervanman

4. Re: Location Location Location

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 June 2014, 06:17
;