We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Day or night to Haarlemmerstraat

Which Amsterdam hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
76 posts
48 reviews
Save Topic
Day or night to Haarlemmerstraat

HI,

We'll be visiting Amsterdam in June and staying at The Sebastian's at Keizersgracht. Just wondering is it safe to walk from our hotel and back from Haarlemmerstraat after dinner? Or we should just walk to the nearest tram stop in Centraal area and take a tram to go back?

Is it good to go to Haarlemmerstraat at night or day is better?

Thank you.

Amsterdam, The...
Destination Expert
for Olympic National Park, Port Townsend
Level Contributor
8,746 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Day or night to Haarlemmerstraat

Perfectly safe. And enjoyable. And lovely. And well worth the stroll.

Haarlemmerstraat is a busy shopping street. Busy during the day, less so in the evening.

Buffalo Area
Level Contributor
240 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Day or night to Haarlemmerstraat

It is a wonderful walk to Haarlemmerstraat from your hotel, day or night. Have fun!

Amsterdam, The...
Level Contributor
29 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Day or night to Haarlemmerstraat

Haarlemmerstraat must be one of the most beautiful streets of Amsterdam!

Somerset, United...
Level Contributor
116 posts
116 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Day or night to Haarlemmerstraat

I was there last week walking along both day and night. It is perfectly safe and a very interesting street to walk down with lots of shops and many different nationality restaurants. In fact after the hustle and bustle of Damrak this is the perfect place to escape to because it is less frantic. I would also like to add that Amsterdam is a safe city, well policed with CCTV cameras everywhere. Maybe the only thing I would say is avoid the RDL after about 1.00 am but even then I'm sure you'd be fine, just use your common sense. Have a great trip :)

Amsterdam, The...
Destination Expert
for Amsterdam
Level Contributor
36,146 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Day or night to Haarlemmerstraat

It will take you about 8 minutes to walk back to your hotel along about the prettiest part of Amsterdam. Walking is about the easiest way to get there (there are not trams) and I think once you get here you will realise how funny your post is.

Amsterdam
Destination Expert
for Amsterdam
Level Contributor
2,063 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Day or night to Haarlemmerstraat

<<Maybe the only thing I would say is avoid the RDL after about 1.00 am>>

The only hazardous thing that can happen to you is if you try to take pictures of the girls.

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
76 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Day or night to Haarlemmerstraat

I just realized that there's 2 sebastians on the same stretch, on google map and my Sebastian is nearer to Haarlemmerstraat. The other Sebastian is actually The Toren, their sister hotel. All along I've been looking & measuring the distance from the wrong side! How silly :)

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
76 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Day or night to Haarlemmerstraat

Thanks a lot for the assurance! I'm SO looking forward & excited!

9. Re: Day or night to Haarlemmerstraat

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 June 2013, 01:18