We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How to get from Amsterdam to Groesbeek

Which Amsterdam hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Anchorage, Alaska
Level Contributor
612 posts
25 reviews
Save Topic
How to get from Amsterdam to Groesbeek

I will be in Amsterdam mid May, traveling with my elderly parents.

My father especially wants to visit the National Liberation Museum in Groesbeek, as photos of his brother, who was killed nearby, are included in an exhibit.

I know we will need to take a train from Amsterdam, but I'm lost as to where to begin! I do understand that we will need to take a bus from the train station in Groesbeek to the Museum, it's the Amsterdam part of the trip that I'm a bit confused about.

We will be staying in an apartment located at Achtergracht 28-30, Amsterdam.

Any help would be much appreciated, as I really want to make my Dad's wish come true!

Thanks

Colombo, Sri Lanka
Destination Expert
for Sri Lanka
Level Contributor
50,595 posts
174 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: How to get from Amsterdam to Groesbeek

Hi there,

The apartment is quite centrally located, and 7-10 mins from the then closest tramstop being Fredriksplein. (There is a closer one, line 4 on Prinsengracht-Utrechtsestraat corner, but closed for works). From there you can take line 4 or 25 to Central Station.

A quicker route, but more walking, is to cross the river and take metro (Weesperplein stop) to Amstel station where the same Nijmegen train halts.

The rest of the route, Amsterdam-Groesbeek, indeed was researched earlier and can be found in the TA forum also...

All the best,

<Erik> & [Sandya]

Amsterdam, The...
Destination Expert
for Amsterdam
Level Contributor
36,163 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: How to get from Amsterdam to Groesbeek

with three of you and your parent being elderly I would just call a taxi or hail one to take you to Amstel Station. Unless you already have GVB transport passes of course, the fare for the Metro will be €2,70 each so around the same as a cab.

The tram or Metro as described by Erik is fairly easy also though.

3. Re: How to get from Amsterdam to Groesbeek

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 June 2013, 00:41