We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Is there anything else to do near Keukenhof?

Which Amsterdam hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Fort Lauderdale...
Level Contributor
291 posts
42 reviews
Save Topic
Is there anything else to do near Keukenhof?

While we're out of the city, I was wondering if there's anything else to do after we visit Keukenhof. Are there any cool beach towns a short cab ride away where we could find a cozy pub overlooking the beach?

Besides pubs, we are also interested in anything historical or any natural wonders. No amusement parks or anything like that.

Don't want to travel too far away, as we would have to get back to Keukenhof to get the bus back to Amsterdam, as I already booked the round trip ticket, but I don't mind spending money on a cab to take us somewhere interesting after viewing the flowers. Thanks.

Amsterdam, The...
Destination Expert
for Amsterdam
Level Contributor
1,364 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Is there anything else to do near Keukenhof?

Hi -

The Keukenhof also has food and drink places, and a windmill, and kids playgrounds too.

Can't think of anything close by that you could take a cab to, but I haven't been in a couple of years.

Enjoy - MMK

Amsterdam, The...
Destination Expert
for Amsterdam
Level Contributor
36,613 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Is there anything else to do near Keukenhof?

Closest beach is at Noordwijk aan Zee but thats a 30euro ride in a cab. Also I don't know if there would be any taxi'soutside the K'hof anyway, It's in the middle of nowhere.

Fort Lauderdale...
Level Contributor
291 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Is there anything else to do near Keukenhof?

I see there is a beachfront in Nordwijk with restaurants and shopping, etc. It appears to be only 5 or 6 miles from K'hof. Would it really be that difficult finding transportation to the town from K'hof?

The Netherlands
Destination Expert
for Lisse
Level Contributor
1,110 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Is there anything else to do near Keukenhof?

I will have a look for you next week if there is a taxi stand outside the Keukenhof. Be aware that traffic around the Keukenhof and Noordwijk can be very busy, especially in weekends and sunny days. If you have to be on time for anything, than calculate some extra time (at least 30 – 60 min) above to the normal driving time.

You can call a taxi to pick you up in Lisse, these companies, do have interregional taxi service, please contact them by phone or email a couple of days before you want to travel to ask if they can take you from Lisse to Noordwijk (and back)

taxirijnland.nl/content/interregionale_taxi

www.taxi-xcellent.nl/diensten/straattaxi.html

Interesting things to do around Keukenhof:

• Biking around the flower fields (bike rental at main entrance of Keukenhof) www.rent-a-bikevandam.nl/keukenhof.html

• Biking to the beach of Langevelderslag (no pub overlooking the beach, some cafeteria in the dunes and if the wind is right paragliding at the beach)

• Panorama Tulipland http://www.tulipland.nl/

• Ruin (of an old castle) van Teylingen http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Slot_Teylingen

• Strolling around the little town of Lisse http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lisse

Nina

Leiden, The...
Level Contributor
263 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Is there anything else to do near Keukenhof?

"Would it really be that difficult finding transportation to the town from K'hof?"

yes, probably....

As said, the Keukenhof isn't really near to something else. By public transport the journey from K'hof to Noordwijk would be about an hour. Not sure about taxi costs though. I don't think there are taxis waiting at the K'hof, but perhaps you could ask at the information desk to call one for you. Maybe you could even contact the K'hof now, to ask for possibilities.

Apart from the getting there part, Noordwijk is quite a nice beach town, with a boulevard with restaurants and close by a shopping street with some nice shops as well. Not to big, but I always like strolling around in Noordwijk!

Fort Lauderdale...
Level Contributor
291 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Is there anything else to do near Keukenhof?

Thanks for the replies. I found a nice place in Noordwijk on the beach that has a large beer menu called Strandpaviljoen De Zeemeeuw. I really want to check out that town and visit the shops and everything.

Now, if I could just get there from K'hof. I emailed the N'dk city website and also K'hof about taxi's but haven't heard anything yet. Unfortunately, those taxi links provided by Nring have no English option.

Edited: 26 March 2011, 01:30
The Netherlands
Destination Expert
for Lisse
Level Contributor
1,110 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Is there anything else to do near Keukenhof?

To translate the Dutch websites into English you can use google translate

http://translate.google.com/

Nina

8. Re: Is there anything else to do near Keukenhof?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 October 2012, 17:19