We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotels that offer "FREE" car parking

Which Amsterdam hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Newcastle, Australia
Level Contributor
271 posts
65 reviews
Save Topic
Hotels that offer "FREE" car parking

Can anyone tell me of any hotels 3 star and up, that offer "free" car parking . We are travelling Europe for 9 weeks soon and will have a rental car for the entire trip so would like to not have this as an added expense if possible(so expensive to park in Europe). We dont mind staying out side the main city centre as we know this is always the cheaper option. Any suggestions would be very much appreciated. Regards Brooke

Amsterdam, The...
Destination Expert
for Amsterdam
Level Contributor
37,233 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hotels that offer "FREE" car parking

Sorry I don't kinow of any. Even ones outside the city centre are in parking permit zones. Your best bet is to use park and ride facilites then take public transport to a hotel in the centre and leave the car there for the duration.

Amsterdam
Level Contributor
72 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Hotels that offer "FREE" car parking

The Artemis has an underground car park, I don't know if it is free to use it though. There's nothing of interest in the neighbourhood of the hotel but it's easy to drive to from the highway and only about 20 minutes from the centre via bus 145.

Fort Worth, Texas
Destination Expert
for Amsterdam
Level Contributor
13,970 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Hotels that offer "FREE" car parking

ive stayed in 5 different hotels in the dam and surrounding environs. and none of them had free parking...even for guests..im not saying free parking doesnt exist...but its rare.

Stuttgart, Germany
Destination Expert
for Air Travel
Level Contributor
7,386 posts
88 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hotels that offer "FREE" car parking

The Mercure Arthur Frommer has some free parking for guests, it is limited and on a first come first served basis

Portland, Oregon USA
Level Contributor
2,654 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Hotels that offer "FREE" car parking

Many of the airport hotels have free parking. The Ibis and nearby Etap are two good examples. There is a shuttle bus that will take you to the airport and then you can catch the train into Amsterdam's center. Both can be booked on www.booking.com or the Accor Hotels website.

Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
7,675 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Hotels that offer "FREE" car parking

There's a parking garage under the Moevenpick... not free though. But at least you can park.

Amersfoort, The...
Destination Expert
for Amsterdam
Level Contributor
7,702 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Hotels that offer "FREE" car parking

Most of the big hotels have parking but, as far as I know you have to pay for them all, even those on the outskirts (This is certainly the case at the Artemis).

Teleport's earlier advice about the airport hotels needs correcting. Most of them, including the Ibis, do charge. At the Ibis the first three hours are free after which you must pay. The only one I know of that is free is the Van der Valk Schiphol but that is some way out from the airport on the A4. - www.booking.com/hotel/nl/valkschiphol.en.html

If I were you I'd take Ron's advice. Stay in the center of town and use one of the P&Rs. These cost 6 euro per day which includes transport to/from town.

Amsterdam, The...
Destination Expert
for Munich, Amsterdam, The Ardennes
Level Contributor
7,352 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Hotels that offer "FREE" car parking

If you will stay in Amsterdam for more than 1 night, I would just park the car in a safe area on the street where it is free, and take public transportation from there. (first drop your bags off in the hotel). And take a hotel thru the Priceline bidding in the center!

Amsterdam, The...
Level Contributor
5,793 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Hotels that offer "FREE" car parking

"...I would just park the car in a safe area on the street where it is free, ..." - daft idea!!

Where in town is it free? - maybe the Bijlmer! (and in which case the 'safe' bit comes into question!)

Centrum has paid parking until midnight and most of the other parts of the city have paid parking until 19:00 hrs!

And no matter where you park your car, you need to move it (or start paying again!) from 09:00 hrs!

Amsterdam, The...
Destination Expert
for Munich, Amsterdam, The Ardennes
Level Contributor
7,352 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Hotels that offer "FREE" car parking

I am not sure where it is free, in the past I have parked it near station Diemen Zuid, and also heard from people who parked in Amsterdam Noord.

For sure you can park it for free in my village, Baarn, at the station, which is half an hour by train to Amsterdam CS, but there should be more possibilities I think.