We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Amsterdam to Keukenhof Connexxion

Which Amsterdam hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Reading, PA
Level Contributor
346 posts
1,401 reviews
Save Topic
Amsterdam to Keukenhof Connexxion

This will be my 3rd trip to Keukenhof and it is definitely worth it. The first time I went with a tour and the next time I did the Connexxion - but I think I did it wrong. I took the train to Schipol, then took the bus to Keukenhof. I don't think train travel is permitted using the Connexxion ticket. This year I'd like to do it correctly. What is the closest bus stop from Amsterdam Centraal to get a Connexxion bus? The Amsterdam Tourist office at Centraal train station is the worst. There are always gigantic lines, they charge for all of their information and it is difficult to get any information from them at all! I am interested in the Combi Ticket using Connexxion transportation. I am having a hard time figuring out their website. Thanks.

Amsterdam, The...
Destination Expert
for Amsterdam
Level Contributor
37,346 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Amsterdam to Keukenhof Connexxion

You can pick up the 370 interliner bus at Marnixstraat, Leidseplein or Museumplein (well actually at the bus halt next to the Concertgebouw which will take you to the airport. I think you can also use the 197 Schiphol Sternet bus. More info here also

reiziger.connexxion.nl/web/show/provincie=12…

There's two VVV offices at CS, one on platform 2B and one by the GVB offices across from the station. Also there's an office at the airport. You can buy the combi ticket at any of them and I think at all these locations

iamsterdam.com/en/…contactatcb

Reading, PA
Level Contributor
346 posts
1,401 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Amsterdam to Keukenhof Connexxion

Thank you for your reply. Those bus routes are not close to our hotel. I think I'll buy the 20 euro Connexxion ticket from Schipol and a 6.70 euro day return from Amsterdam Centraal to Schipol. It will cost 3.70 euro more than the Connexxion Combi from Amsterdam, but I think it will be more convenient for where we are staying.

Amsterdam, The...
Destination Expert
for Amsterdam
Level Contributor
37,346 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Amsterdam to Keukenhof Connexxion

Where is your hotel? Would you not have to get on a tram etc to get to the station anyway? Maybe you can just get to the Leidseplein to catch the bus just as easily.

Reading, PA
Level Contributor
346 posts
1,401 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Amsterdam to Keukenhof Connexxion

Hi RonaldoC,

We are staying at our favorite - Hotel Brouwer, on Singel. It is a 5 minute walk from Centraal Station. We walk everywhere when we are in Amsterdam. I have been there many, many times and have never set foot on a tram. Walking is the best way to sightsee and burn off the calories from all those delicious frites I consume when I am there! Thanks for you prompt replies.

By the way, we are going to Brugge from Amsterdam and I was wondering if you are familiar with the mid-flex weekend return ticket. We want to leave on a Friday at 07:00 and return the following Sunday also around 07:00. I saw a return ticket for 2 people for 106.40 (on the IC - I am not interested in Thalys because it takes longer.) I saw it at onlineboeken.nshighspeed.nl. It only list the days you can use it - Friday to Sunday, but not the times of day. The weekend pass for the Netherland rail is only valid for trips after 17:00 on Friday. I don't want to buy this ticket online if I will not be able to use it. If you know anything about this ticket, please let me know. If not, thanks for your previous help.

Amsterdam, The...
Destination Expert
for Amsterdam
Level Contributor
37,346 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Amsterdam to Keukenhof Connexxion

I was also under the impression that the weekend retour was valid only from 1700 on Friday but I also did a dummy booking on the nshispeed site and it seemed to offer the mid flex tickets even if I selected morning so a little confusing. Since you do not need to book these tickets in advance why not just wait until you get here and buy at the station where you will recieve their expert advice. To be honest I would only be guessing.

Why do you think that the Thalys will be slower? Both trains stop at Antwerp where you need to change for Brugge. The Thalys is quicker because it has fewer stops in NL than the IC train.

Reading, PA
Level Contributor
346 posts
1,401 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Amsterdam to Keukenhof Connexxion

Hi again RonaldoC,

I checked all the schedules from Amsterdam to Brugge and the one with the IC is 3 hours 33 minutes and the Thalys connection is 4 hours 4 mins. It seemed strange to me as well that the local train would be slower than the Thalys. I would imagine the IC train is also cheaper than the Thalys.

Another question, is Antwerpen the same as Anvers? Is one the Dutch name and one the Belgium name? The Belgium rail site calls it Antwerpen and NS calls the city Anvers.

I will take your advice and wait until I get to Amsterdam to purchase the mid-flex weekend return. I would hate to waste 106.40 euro on a ticket I cannot use. Thanks again for your help.

Canada
3 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Amsterdam to Keukenhof Connexxion

I will be in Amsterdam early next month and plan on going to Keukenhof. Is there a disadvantage to going with a tour? Is it easy to get there via the routes mentioned here? Thanks for your help.

Amsterdam, The...
Destination Expert
for Amsterdam
Level Contributor
37,346 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Amsterdam to Keukenhof Connexxion

No disadvantage with a tour except you are on someone else's schedule and it's probably quite a bit more expensive. Easy enough to get to by readin the website or the MANY threads on here. Goed Ries

Dallas
Level Contributor
2 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Amsterdam to Keukenhof Connexxion

We will be in Amsterdam in a couple of weeks (our first time) and will be staying at the Marriott. We are planning to go to Keukenhof using the Connexxion-combi ticket, and are wondering the best way to get from the Marriott to the Keukenhof connexxion at Schipol? Also , are the combination tickets available for purchase anywhere near the Marriott or only at Schipol or Leiden?

Amsterdam, The...
Destination Expert
for Amsterdam
Level Contributor
37,346 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Amsterdam to Keukenhof Connexxion

Across from the Marriott in front of the American hotel is a bus stop. Catch the 370 interliner or the 197 bus to the airport. You can use the combi ticket from here (as long as you purchace it from a starting point of Amsterdam, not Schiphol) then change for the 58 bus to Lisse.

You can buy the Combi ticekts from any VVV office. You can google for thier locations. I think there's a booth near the Marriott also